Thread: Feed links and 2257

Feed links and 2257

Ok, I've read threads here til I'm blinder than the bat living in my belfry and still not clear on this part of compliance...

If I have a link that brings in a feed, say a store for instance, or a custom theatre from aebn, or a big ass webcam ad, which has it appear to be ON my url, but is actually being served from their server ... do I still need docs???????????

JustMe
    Greetings:

If you have it actually embedded in a page on your site, or displayed in frames so it appears in your namespace, then my understanding is yes, you need docs even if the data's "hotlinked" per say from another server.

If you are simply linking to them, and they appear under the namespace of the site you are linking to, then my understanding is that the answer is no.

Well, crap. Looks like I'm dumping a bunch of custom stores then along with other stuff I can't get ids for. Even if they offered em, I'm sure as hell not keeping records for god knows how many gazillion dvd covers that are in those stores!!

JustMe
    Greetings:

Why not wait? I'm not a psychic or anything, but I have a pretty good idea that there's going to be an injunction in our future.....

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe
    Greetings:

Why not wait? I'm not a psychic or anything, but I have a pretty good idea that there's going to be an injunction in our future.....

Because of something Basschick mentioned. We may well get the injunction, but if they do screen grabs and you're out of compliance on the 23rd ... and the secondary producer IS upheld ... you're screwed even if you comply in the time frame where this plays itself out.

I can flip a switch in my plesk to shut off domains I don't have ready if forced to ... but I wanted to at least have gaydicks4you.com compliant regardless of what the judge does or doesn't do so at least it'd still be active. My other major concern is over my design site and I'm still debating on how to handle that.