Thread: Some Input Please

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Sad Some Input Please

Okay, I have a decision to make and am not sure which way to go, so I thought I'd ask for some input from all of you here.

To begin with I have had my own little forum where folks could post regarding the stories and it was a good little place. Not all that active but it allowed me to post articles, have some commentary etc. Had a few members as well though I just recently moved the forums into one at a new domain.

Well earlier today some friggin asshole calling himself turkish hacker en07 hacked the script... it was phpBB2 2.011 btw. so now I have a decision to make.

I deleted the friggin directory and now am debating whether to re-install a newer version of the forum or whether to simply host my own story blog in place of it.

Just not sure which way to go here. With a blog they can still leave comments, but not sure if I am capable enough to install that kind of script.. hey I am blonde.. and not sure if I want the hassle of administring another forum..

So what do you all suggest/recommend?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Maybe Allen from Aus Coding can help you. I'm hopeless with this kind of stuff.

dzinerbear

JustMe
    Greetings:

Hrm, storyman, hit me up on ICQ when you get a minute: 325-467-462

I haven't used this, but looks like a pretty easy way to host your own blog:

Coffee Cup Click the link for the Flash Blogger for more info, there's several screen shots and you can download a full working trial for 15 days to try it out first.

Thanks Bec, I'll check it out...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Your host should have a backup of the SQL database, ask them when the oldest backup they have is and se if they can just upload that data in to the SQL database afresh for you

Regards,

Lee

Damn good idea Lee, never even thought about the backup they have... still not sure if I even want to have a forum, or go to a blog instead... either way though looks like more work which I abhor..