Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Thing That I Do Find Interesting About All This 2257 / FSC / DOJ Stuff

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

One Thing That I Do Find Interesting About All This 2257 / FSC / DOJ Stuff

Is that not 1 member of the FSC has actually posted any information on ANY gay marketing forum.

They represent the industry, just not the gay side of it :err:

I wonder how many gay companies are currently supporting the FSC financially, you'd figure they would at least have made 1 post on the numerous forums out there at the moment about whats actually going on, instead, we (the gay industry) are having to rely on 3rd party information.

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I have a gay company, and am a member of the FSC.
    We've been called by people at the FSC regularly, to keep us abreast of developments. The executive director was here at the office last week to discuss things with myself and my partners. We've had lunch with her. She called us again last night, as well as earlier today.

So, maybe they're not running around posting on the boards like mad but I'd imagine that their membership is more than able to not only ask questions of the FSC but is also being made available to a lot of information when and if they request it.

That's my experience with the FSC.

Lee, i could be VERY wrong about this, but as i understand it, the fsc was formed by the adult movie industry. i expect a lot of their bigger supporters are still the movie companies, rather than webmasters. still, there's a LOT of us out there, ain't there

i haven't talked to that many members of the fsc anywhere till recently, and i never see them on any smaller boards - or if i do, it's personal and they don't mention the fsc in particular.

i don't think it's so much a gay issue as that they only seem interested in communicating through the most populated boards. i suppose the theory is they'll reach the most webmasters. of course, there are many webmasters who never go to those boards, and so never read what the fsc has to say. and lots of people on the bigger boards are employees, and not webmasters...

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    Lee, i could be VERY wrong about this, but as i understand it, the fsc was formed by the adult movie industry. i expect a lot of their bigger supporters are still the movie companies, rather than webmasters. still, there's a LOT of us out there, ain't there

i haven't talked to that many members of the fsc anywhere till recently, and i never see them on any smaller boards - or if i do, it's personal and they don't mention the fsc in particular.

i don't think it's so much a gay issue as that they only seem interested in communicating through the most populated boards. i suppose the theory is they'll reach the most webmasters. of course, there are many webmasters who never go to those boards, and so never read what the fsc has to say. and lots of people on the bigger boards are employees, and not webmasters...
    That, precisely was always my objection to the FSC. They were "of California, by California, and for California."

This recent action is a step in the right direction....we'll see.

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

EmporerEJ - i'm in california, and the fsc has never had a representitive at any webmaster lunch or any function where they could open webmasters' eyes about what it is they do. if you want to see them, you have to go to them.

Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    EmporerEJ - i'm in california, and the fsc has never had a representitive at any webmaster lunch or any function where they could open webmasters' eyes about what it is they do. if you want to see them, you have to go to them.
    Well, I've seen them at the trade shows....

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

that is, i hear, where one does see them. but there are a LOT of webmasters who don't go to trade shows.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Is that not 1 member of the FSC has actually posted any information on ANY gay marketing forum.

They represent the industry, just not the gay side of it :err:

I wonder how many gay companies are currently supporting the FSC financially, you'd figure they would at least have made 1 post on the numerous forums out there at the moment about whats actually going on, instead, we (the gay industry) are having to rely on 3rd party information.

Regards,

Lee
    i give them credit for that along with all the other major companies which choose to be annonoymous and remain neutral , i find it sad that some people choose to voice their "personal-opinions" in such a manner that it is an embarassment not only to the community they are a part of but the "company" shown "prominent" in their banners/advertisments for this reason i choose not to drag the good name of my companies through the filth of other people , nor allow the beliefs and/or morals of myself to reflect that of my buisness which stands for itself!

sincerely ~ ..."this is my world , and this table is reserved!"...

GLBTcity

Their fault?

that is, i hear, where one does see them. but there are a LOT of webmasters who don't go to trade shows.
    Is that the FSC fault tho basschick?

There is way to much speculation about the FSC in more ways than one. Many people don't know of them, what they do, why they do what they do, who they represent, who/what they're in bed with, and so on.

We have total access by email and phone and a vast number of attorney's that we can speak with about topics.

The newsletter is very informative in itself.

I'm not saying that they are "all mighty", but worth investigating/looking into.

They are representatives of the Adult Industry, not Gay Adult Industry. We're all in the same boat. The gay adult industry is however in fact extremely small in comparison to the str8 side of the business.

I don't tell people they should or should not join the FSC, that isn't my place. I also don't go around preaching about them to others.

As adult business owners, no one person has the capital necessary to fight this alone or pay the attorney fee's involved. The FSC is probably one of the industry's best friends and certainly all I could hope for.

I haven't heard of anyone else hiring an attorney and trying to combat the new regs other than the FSC.

PapaBear

Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    Is that the FSC fault tho basschick?

There is way to much speculation about the FSC in more ways than one. Many people don't know of them, what they do, why they do what they do, who they represent, who/what they're in bed with, and so on.
    Listen.. it's easy to jump on the bandwagon like everyone else in this industry.. it takes balls to sit back and look at the situation objectively.

I never have, and never will, put my endorsement on anything until I fully investigate it.

There have been many red flags raised regarding the current FSC situation.. valid points like press releases telling the community a deal has been struck but they wont tell us until the next day but you should join FSC in the meantime. Statements by the FSC regarding the TRO court date today and being prepaired... yet now there is a delay.. etc etc. I've pointed other things out in threads here.

I'm not against the FSC but they have to answer publicly to some of these important issues before they have my support.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

yes, imo it is the fsc's fault.

if you have an organization that wants more members, you go to where you can find potential members. if you wait for people who don't know who you are to come to you, you'll be waiting a looooong time.

if you have a company who wants money, you go to where people who might give you money are. you advertise, you market, you network.

if you have a message - say free speech for all - that you want to get to the greatest number of people, you also go to where the people are.

webinc has sarah working all the boards, and as a result, we have a face to put on webinc. she makes us aware of them, and she does it not by advertising but be being a presence - and a darn nice one!

ccbill used to have kk. now she's pretty contraversial, but whether you like her or not, she is a big presence in our industry. she answered questions, and acted as a liason between the webmasters and ccbill - and did a great job.

if you want people's support and money, you have to take the action to bring yourself to their attention. ask any affiliate program - they don't wait for people to find them...

rant is over now - you can all go back to your regular thread

MisterMark

tsk, tsk

The bottom line is that if you're a member of the FSC, you will be protected for the next couple of months. If you're not a member, you're not protected.

Whine all you want about the FSC. They've done more to fight the new regs than anyone else, and I'm grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMark
    The bottom line is that if you're a member of the FSC, you will be protected for the next couple of months. If you're not a member, you're not protected.

Whine all you want about the FSC. They've done more to fight the new regs than anyone else, and I'm grateful for that.
    Well, that sounds nice, But I'd like to see that prosecution happen.

But I agree; They have done more to fight it than anyone else.
    We'll see how it goes. I think they're moving int he right direction. If they start doing what other groups in EVERY OTHER industry do, then they will have something.

I think what you are seeing here is the way they have "rubbed us wrong" in the past.

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

actually they didn't rub me wrong exactly - i just saw them all over gfy and sending out notices they needed money, and i thought "what the hell - we ALL market for a living. why don't they market?" it frustrates me fiercely to see someone who needs money but isn't marketing!

practically every board would have donated some banner space. then the fsc could make a better, more informative site - i'm sure a great designer would volunteer to do it, too. and get that member area updating with news - i've always heard it isn't very good. i hear that from members on the boards periodically. we learn from paysites - if you want someone to rebill, give them what they want.

and i bet someone would have willingly gone on the boards twenty hours a month to get people involved more and keep the fsc in the public eye.

we're ALL marketers on this board. yet it seems like i'm the only one who thinks marketing brings results

Slade
    actually they didn't rub me wrong exactly - i just saw them all over gfy and sending out notices they needed money, and i thought "what the hell - we ALL market for a living. why don't they market?" it frustrates me fiercely to see someone who needs money but isn't marketing!

practically every board would have donated some banner space. then the fsc could make a better, more informative site - i'm sure a great designer would volunteer to do it, too. and get that member area updating with news - i've always heard it isn't very good. i hear that from members on the boards periodically. we learn from paysites - if you want someone to rebill, give them what they want.

and i bet someone would have willingly gone on the boards twenty hours a month to get people involved more and keep the fsc in the public eye.

we're ALL marketers on this board. yet it seems like i'm the only one who thinks marketing brings results
    And I'm sure someone would have helped them established online memberships too!