Thread: More 2257 Aftershocks

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

More 2257 Aftershocks

received by email from sexcontents

Dear fellow webmasters.

Due to the new 2257 regulations, we have decided to go into hibernation until we can evaluate the entire situation.

Because we represent a large number of producers worldwide, some gave us permission to pass on the required documents, some did not, and some asked us to remove all their content.

For this reason, sadly after 9 years of business, we will no longer be supplying content in the immediate future.

For those of you who were purchasing sets and never finished purchasing the entire collection and are unaffected by the new 2257 regulations, please drop us an email and we may be able to work something out.

Thank you all for your business over the years and maybe we will be able to reorganize our business infrastructure to be able to service you once again in the future.

In the meantime, our energy will be focused on developing web sites in conjunction with http://www.hardcoredollars.com

If you would like to promote some unusual niche sites, please have a look at what is on offer at

http://www.hardcoredollars.com

Thanks again............

Realignment of the Adult Biz

Can anyone think of any other event, regulation, law that has done as much to shake up the adult entertaiment world in history as this new version of 2257 has?

The previous version surely shook things up a bit, but at the time it was primarily video producers and because we did not have vocal forums such as this we were largely unaware of the shakeup in that industry or knowledgeable on how many smaller producers closed up shop after that round of regulatory implementation..

This 2257 version really seems to be shaking things up....which of course is most likely an "unspoken" but probably calculated aftereffect of these new regs....and is most likely being lauded throughout the ultraconservative caucuses as we speak....

I am seeing companies closing up shop, shutting down, redirecting, content no longer being produced, forums being closed, blogs being silenced, photo voting areas being shuttered...and more....

do you think it was dumb luck (i say this only because reading the DOJ's draft of 2257 it is fairly clear they don't have a good grasp on the internet and it's real inner workings...and the fact that they really don't know how the mechanics of the adult industry work) that this reg change has caused this much pain, readjustment, of an entire industry...... or do you think they are very knowledgeable and this is all a quite calculated part of the implementation of this version of 2257?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr
    I am seeing companies closing up shop, shutting down, redirecting, content no longer being produced, forums being closed, blogs being silenced, photo voting areas being shuttered...and more....
    Without meaning to sound like a bigger cunt that i already do, that is a GOOD thing.

The reason they are closing up shop is because they have been breaking the law for the past however many years.

Look at it like this, the more people that get out now, the better it is going to be for those of us who have done our homework and who are running legitimate businesses in the long run

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    The reason they are closing up shop is because they have been breaking the law for the past however many years.
    Not sure that all were breaking the law but that many simply found that the proposed regs violate privacy concerns which they want no part of, or that they simply found the new regs so burdonsome that it just wasn't worth the effort anymore....

I know one content producer, who has always been very meticulous about his records, to a point of being anal (no pun intended) about it... and he is shutting down .... because the part about ID's for foreign models and the uncertainty of what the new regs portend for the acceptance of foreign ID's..

And I am sure there are many others out there that are stopping just because they are tired of fighting the battle that is required to be fought just to stay involved in the adult business year after year.

I don't think it's all law breakers...

but yes, i do agree, it does open up possibilities and opportunities.