Thread: muscle shoots locations - your opinion, please

muscle shoots locations - your opinion, please

if you were joining a site featuring muscle guys posing, stripping slowly to trunks, flexing, and so on, would you prefer seeing them at the beach (i could probably also shoot them working out at muscle beach) or the studio (which would give me more time for a free posing routine)?

Fetishlady
    i think shooting them in a studio would be better.

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I would shoot them at the beach. It's free, the lighting is usually good, reasonably safe, and people just look more natural and nothing shows off muscles better than bright sun and suntan oil.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Fetishlady - may i ask why? is it a personal preference or more a webmaster/content shooter preference?

i like sun on skin, too - but i like shooting at the studio. also i think some people might like the stage that they have at the studio - gives a contest sort of feeling...

Lighting is key for enhancing the look of muscles. My preference is to take my models outdoors, as I can change lighting situations fairly quickly. If I don't like a particular location and the outcome, all it takes is to move to another spot, and voila, you've got a totally different shoot! Studio is limited in this case... You have the setup the lights and work with one particular lighting scenario. Both have their merits, but I prefer outdoors when I can get out...

I've taken guys to the beach, only you've got to be careful of direct sunlight. Too much light will make the guys look washed out, there won't be enough shadows to make their muscles looked more defined and they'll just look unflattering at best...

Good times to shot at the beach:
    - early in the morning (before noon; the earlier, the better), or
    - in the evening, before sunset.

Hope this helps :-)

BrianDN

hmmm.... so far, sounds like everyone is giving me a professional opinion, but as i said in the original post "if you were joining a site featuring muscle guys posing..."

i'm talking about personal preference, not photographer's preference.

I think I would prefer, as a potential member, to see some muscle stud, outdoors, as if I happened upon him totally by accident. As if I were spying on some stud from behind a bush or something perverted like that. I think a lot of guys consider muscle men to be "unattainable" and a more natural setting might make it more exciting, as if you're looking at something you really would love to see. Fulfill the fantasy.

Of course, great studio shots would be good as well. Variety baby, variety.

If all the pics were of the same studio background or setting, I think I would not be as intrigued to want to see more.

blah blah blah...
    ooooooooh....fantasies running wild :devil:

here are my preferences:

- an outdoor basketball court
    - soccer field
    - at a gym (you'd be surprised the crazy locations that you can get access to just by asking)
    - locker room, of course
    - in a semi-messy "straight college jock" type bedroom (most of these models bedrooms will have that "look")
    - a commercial zone back alley with ducts and vents and such
    - on the side of the road somewhere right by his yellow convertible mustang. That's hot!!
    - standing beside his motor bike
    - in a gym by a mirror so you can see multiple angles and also see him showing off for himself (like they all do in the mirror )
    - by the side of the pool

just a few ideas...

GPallan - after the site is up and running so i can show it to people, i did plan on approaching some gyms.

but for now, while i'm still getting used to doing shoots, and have no site to show people, i want to keep the shoots in places i'm very comfortable. the studio is owned and run by people who know and like me. if i am not 100% comfortable with a model, i can even have one of the guys there check on me.

in this rush period of getting the first of the shoots shot, edited and ready, i don't have time to look for locations, so i figure i'd go with what i already know.

thanks for the ideas, though - after the site is up, i'll be using some of them

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I think itd be more appealing to *me* if they were shot outside of a studio in a 'sporty' type setting, a gym, basketball court, something like that.

That way, id feel like the guys were actual 'sports guys' and not just some muscle mary.

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I think itd be more appealing to *me* if they were shot outside of a studio in a 'sporty' type setting, a gym, basketball court, something like that.

That way, id feel like the guys were actual 'sports guys' and not just some muscle mary.

Regards,

Lee
    yeah, like what i said. You should totally take them outside. I HATE shooting in the studio cuz it's VERY hard to get a good feel for the guys and their individual personalities, which is what makes them so sexy to begin with. When you shoot outside (or indoors as long as there are good authentic props. ie a real gym setup), the guys seem so much more real and raw. It's way hotter that way, especially if the guy has a sexy personality to begin with.

Just give it a try, Basschick. It'll be lots of fun Way mroe fun than shooting in a studio, in my opinion

lee, this is a muscle site. with some good luck, they won't BE sports guys. they will be bodybuilders. muscle maries if you like, but that's the niche that's been good to me. also before i became a fat webmaster, i was a bodybuilder - i always wanted a site (well, before i wanted a magazine) involved in muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee

Regards,

Lee

I would like to see them shot in a church.. or grocery store.

Then again there's always the locker room, wrestling mat, or under bleachers which would be fun.

Outdoors in the woods is a nice fantasy, or on the rocks next to a river.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com