Thread: How often do you update a paysite?

Top Cat

How often do you update a paysite?

Wondering what your thoughts are on how often to update a paysite. Does it depend on factors like the quality of content, original vs. licensed, cost of the site, number of members, etc?

Specifically, if you had 20-minute segments of video, erotic stories and 100-image photo sets for a mid-size site in a moderately competitive niche, how often would you update?

All purely hypothetical of course!

I'd rather be whole, than good
    Daily but that just me. But I think most we do something weekly.. I am :wacko:

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I like to update once a week but now that the new 2257 regulations state that every time you update a site, you must save a copy of the entire site. That would seem to favor larger and more infrequent updating like monthly.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

the best retaining sites i promote belong to a network of sites that the members get access to all of. each site updates once a week, so the members get at least one update per day.

on the other hand, the scarcer the niche, or the more specific, the less often you need to update. a single model site will retain with less updates, because you can't see that model elsewhere.

if you're going to update less than 3x a week, the more content you have, the better. if you have tons of content your members will still have something to do if you haven't updated.

Camper than a row of tents
    First of all you need to figure out what your surfers need to remain a member from month to month. This is going to be different from site to site. A military stud pissing site will require significantly less updates than a 25-30yo amateur site.

But generally speaking, members who find themselves caught in a routine of logging in often and feeling satisfied with their experience the vast majority of the time are the members that retain. You should base your mission statement around that goal.

One huge factor in all of this is the amount of existing content.

There are many sites that you can look at from top to bottom in a short period of time, and then it's all stale. The problem here is that if members don't really like the last update, there is nothing for them to fall back. So they leave disappointed that day. How often is that happening to them?

If there isn't that safety net then you've really got to play it safe on the updates.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id have to agree with Patti + Matt on this one, it totally depends on your content.

If you have the same content as everyone else, than daily, if not bi-daily.

If you have lesser 'exposed' content, id go with daily or weekly.

If you have semi exclusive content id go with weekly and, if your content is fully exclusive, you could probably get away with monthly depending on the niche.

Regards,

Lee