Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logo TV - Will You Be Getting It?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Goldie

Logo TV - Will You Be Getting It?

I have been looking forward for some time for the debut of Logo TV (the 1st 24 hour all gay television station.) However it seems at least for now, I will have to wait longer. I'm in the Philadelphia area and according to Logo's website neither Directv, DISH, or Comcast will be carrying the network... So I've gotta wonder who is actually going to be able to see this new network? These are all pretty big providers that ARE NOT carrying it... I'd gladly dump many of the channels I currently get to replace one with Logo!!

There is a link on their website (http://www.logoonline.com/index.html) that will tell you if Logo is coming to your town or not....

Will anyone be able to actually watch Logo when it starts up on Thursday?

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    are they gonna do PPV adult movies too?
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Time Warner hasn't agreed to carry it yet. :argue: so I told em what I thought.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Comcast here in DC will not have it either.

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

robin
    I don't think its going to be available up here -- I could be mistaken though. We've got two gay channels already though so no loss.

Besides I wouldn't get it on principal... Logo is going to re-name "My Fabulous Gay Wedding" to something stupid, "First Comes Love". "The title wasn't changed to sidestep controversy, but rather to better reflect a show about relationships, a Logo spokesman said."

yeah right -- they couldn't get any advertisers on board when they heard the original title is more like it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Brighthouse Newtworks doesnt carry it yet either

Regards,

Lee

I have a feeling that this will not hit Australia for decades

cheers,
    Luke

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    Ok, I have done some research on this topic, here is what is confirmed.

100% Going to carry at launch

1. Time Warner (Channel 155 on DTV)
    2. Adelphia
    3. RCN
    4. Direct TV (Inked deal just a few days ago)

In 11 hour talks

1. Comcast
    2. Dish Network

Talks failed for now

1. Cablevision

All other cable systems are either unknown or not confirmed.

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    I don't think its going to be available up here -- I could be mistaken though. We've got two gay channels already though so no loss.

Besides I wouldn't get it on principal... Logo is going to re-name "My Fabulous Gay Wedding" to something stupid, "First Comes Love". "The title wasn't changed to sidestep controversy, but rather to better reflect a show about relationships, a Logo spokesman said."

yeah right -- they couldn't get any advertisers on board when they heard the original title is more like it.
    Hey Robin. What are these two gay channels that your're talking about? I live in Vancouver and i'd love to know how to get them. Thanks

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan
    Hey Robin. What are these two gay channels that your're talking about? I live in Vancouver and i'd love to know how to get them. Thanks
    http://www.pridevisiontv.com/ which is the original network but they're now serving up the naughty stuff I think on that channel exclusively and the same networks latest channel:

http://www.outtv.ca/
    broadcast 24/7 providing news, information and entertainment.

They've been having problems getting broadcasters to carry both channels. I'm not sure which one shaw is carrying, we've got pridevision on bellexpress I actually only watch it occassionally -- haven't checked it out since they changed the lineup actually.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    It's doing a count down to launch now with music and images of gay people flashing by. :goof:

Angry

Unfortunately Cox San Diego is not adding it to their channel lineup yet. >

CBLCasey
    Thanks for the update. I was researching this item myself. Currently I'm with Comcast but wouldn't think twice about switching to DirectTV or Dish Network if they provided LOGO.

Geez, and just yesterday I was saying that what I really needed was more reruns of Wonder Woman and 15 'queer eye' Knock-Offs.

man, I really want to see elvira Kurt telling more jokes about her vagina.

and I don't think I've seen media saturation of Drag Queens since this morning.

Boy, I sure hope they have it in LA so I can tell the cable provier that I would rather hold my face to a power sander.

Funny, though.. I was riding my motorcycle in the SF Pride Parade this weekend, and LOGO was there filming it. they showed every dyke on bike going past, but as soon as the men came by, they turned off their cameras. After the Parade, the walked up to every fat woman wearing a harness and tit clamps and interviewed them, but they totally ignored the large group of hot men in Riding gear.

So that's pretty much what you can expect from LOGO.

Enjoy.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    After the Parade, the walked up to every fat woman wearing a harness and tit clamps and interviewed them

Hey, you leave my mother alone!!!

BTW, Jasun, I'm going to have that chip on your shoulder polished for you. I'll need to get it as soon as possible, though. It's gonna take a while to finish.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com