Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo TV - Will You Be Getting It?

Goldie

Logo TV - Will You Be Getting It?

I have been looking forward for some time for the debut of Logo TV (the 1st 24 hour all gay television station.) However it seems at least for now, I will have to wait longer. I'm in the Philadelphia area and according to Logo's website neither Directv, DISH, or Comcast will be carrying the network... So I've gotta wonder who is actually going to be able to see this new network? These are all pretty big providers that ARE NOT carrying it... I'd gladly dump many of the channels I currently get to replace one with Logo!!

There is a link on their website (http://www.logoonline.com/index.html) that will tell you if Logo is coming to your town or not....

Will anyone be able to actually watch Logo when it starts up on Thursday?

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    are they gonna do PPV adult movies too?
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Time Warner hasn't agreed to carry it yet. :argue: so I told em what I thought.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Comcast here in DC will not have it either.

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

robin
    I don't think its going to be available up here -- I could be mistaken though. We've got two gay channels already though so no loss.

Besides I wouldn't get it on principal... Logo is going to re-name "My Fabulous Gay Wedding" to something stupid, "First Comes Love". "The title wasn't changed to sidestep controversy, but rather to better reflect a show about relationships, a Logo spokesman said."

yeah right -- they couldn't get any advertisers on board when they heard the original title is more like it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Brighthouse Newtworks doesnt carry it yet either

Regards,

Lee

I have a feeling that this will not hit Australia for decades

cheers,
    Luke

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    Ok, I have done some research on this topic, here is what is confirmed.

100% Going to carry at launch

1. Time Warner (Channel 155 on DTV)
    2. Adelphia
    3. RCN
    4. Direct TV (Inked deal just a few days ago)

In 11 hour talks

1. Comcast
    2. Dish Network

Talks failed for now

1. Cablevision

All other cable systems are either unknown or not confirmed.

Angry

Unfortunately Cox San Diego is not adding it to their channel lineup yet. >

CBLCasey
    Thanks for the update. I was researching this item myself. Currently I'm with Comcast but wouldn't think twice about switching to DirectTV or Dish Network if they provided LOGO.

Geez, and just yesterday I was saying that what I really needed was more reruns of Wonder Woman and 15 'queer eye' Knock-Offs.

man, I really want to see elvira Kurt telling more jokes about her vagina.

and I don't think I've seen media saturation of Drag Queens since this morning.

Boy, I sure hope they have it in LA so I can tell the cable provier that I would rather hold my face to a power sander.

Funny, though.. I was riding my motorcycle in the SF Pride Parade this weekend, and LOGO was there filming it. they showed every dyke on bike going past, but as soon as the men came by, they turned off their cameras. After the Parade, the walked up to every fat woman wearing a harness and tit clamps and interviewed them, but they totally ignored the large group of hot men in Riding gear.

So that's pretty much what you can expect from LOGO.

Enjoy.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Goldie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristin
    Ok, I have done some research on this topic, here is what is confirmed.

100% Going to carry at launch

1. Time Warner (Channel 155 on DTV)
    2. Adelphia
    3. RCN
    4. Direct TV (Inked deal just a few days ago)

In 11 hour talks

1. Comcast
    2. Dish Network

Talks failed for now

1. Cablevision

All other cable systems are either unknown or not confirmed.
    Well I have Directv, so maybe I will get to see it afterall... Where were you able to find this out?

I called them and asked. She said yes, I said are you 100% sure. She put me on hold for 10 mins and a supervisor got on the phone and said without question, we will have it. Which is great, cuase now everyone can get it in the US who wants it.

Funny, though.. I was riding my motorcycle in the SF Pride Parade this weekend, and LOGO was there filming it. they showed every dyke on bike going past, but as soon as the men came by, they turned off their cameras. After the Parade, the walked up to every fat woman wearing a harness and tit clamps and interviewed them, but they totally ignored the large group of hot men in Riding gear.

So that's pretty much what you can expect from LOGO.
    LOGO was also at the New York March and they were in the crowd wlaking amoung the people interviewing them, hundreds of them. I think their coverage will show both sides of the coin. MTV Networks is pretty good at doing that with their past documentaries on other topics. I don't see them doing any different with LOGO. At least give it a chance before you pass judgment.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    considering it's a Viacom channel it will probably be included as part of negotiations for all their properties much like they do now. And with digital cable where you only take up resources if you watch it is not that hard to add it.

Of course there's always the jesus freaks

Well I just got of the phone with Direct TV. I have officially signed up for new service and it will be installed and working by Friday afternoon. I'm going to miss the first night of LOGO but I'm sure they will be repeating whatever line up I miss over the weekend during late night hours hopefully. For anyone else thinking about switching over to Direct TV they are running a great special right now. You get all the equipment for up to 4 rooms and installation for just $19.95. Plus you own everything so there is no equipment rently fee like you get with land line cable. Then you get half price service for whatever package you choose for the first 3 months. Just call 1-888-777-2454 to order or go to http://www.directv.com . You also get a free DVD player just for signing up. All that for just $19.95.