Thread: me and finding models - part 1

me and finding models - part 1

remember recently i posted i was going to start shooting muscle men for a non-sexual bodybuilder website? i recall boyfunk, and maybe someone else, said don't worry - most of my models will be inexperienced and nervous?

well, today my first ad came out. i have heard from several guys with sag cards and longish listings on imdb. several are making their full on living as models, and a couple have won some physique contests. only one of the ones that could be useable is an amateur :-/

so much for nervous and inexperienced - the only person who will be that at the first couple shoots is... me

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    On the positive side though..

You can actually ask the models what they 'usually do' at shoots and try to gleam some information out of them which, ultimately will help you, especially if they are pros at modelling

Regards,

Lee

Slade
    Welcome to the "Entitled Generation"!

And man..the models I've TRIED to work with think they should be payed even if they don't show up. Ok..not all of them, but a lot.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Oops.

Guess I didn't think about what it would be like placing an ad in LA... totally different market there.

Remember that no matter what, the way *you* work with models is going to be a little bit different than they way anyone else (adult or mainstream) works with theirs, so don't worry about it.... just put on an air of professionalism and act as though you've done it a thousand times before and you'll be fine. And after you've done 3 or 4 shoots, it really will be old hat.

I used to be a little nervous when we had models that had worked with other studios, wondering how we compared to them in terms of the way we work, professionalism, etc., but now that we've had quite a few models that have worked for others, we've found that in general, though each studio does have its own way of doing things, ours is one that all of our models seem to really like, and I guess at the end of the day that's all that matters.

We just tonight sent home the last of 7 models we've had here for the last 10 days shooting content. It was a blast, and we have some amazing new content, but keeping track of 7 18-20 year old gay boys for 10 days and keeping everything on schedule is pretty tiring. AJ and I are exhausted, and looking forward to a day or two of having no one around before starting up again