Thread: 2257 w/regard to Foreign ID's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Frat_Ricky

thought

I have a question, maybe it has been answered and I missed it. For the current Romanians we have working on cam (doing live shows and galleries) are we stilll in the clear with Romanian Issued Passports since we hired them well before 6/23? Or will we need to have US passports for them now, if we continue to have them working for us?

Can someone clear this up for me please

Frat_Ricky - i'd talk to a couple lawyers about this if i were you. my understanding from reading the new 2257 is that foreign i.d. isn't acceptable anymore. i have heard a couple dissenting opinions on this from lawyers, but i have heard more that feel non-u.s. i.d. is not acceptable unless you are not a u.s. producer.

btw, since attorneys disagree, there is no definitive answer right now. it will take court to clear this up, i suspect.

Frat_Ricky
    Thanks for the reply basschick. So until its set in stone from the courts, we will continue with the way things are ran. We are 2257 ready except this whole area .

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If the statement made in AVN regarding the negotiations Cambria did with DoJ is accurate, then anything produced before 6/23 is OK, anything after 6/23 is definitely NOT ok.

So in other words, if you wanted to re-run a previously recorded live show with your foreign models, you could do so if it was recorded before 6/23, but you could most definitely not provide any new performances with said models after 6/23.

Given that it's a minimum 5 years per infringement and you've got more than one model and show daily, if I were you, i'd take the opposite approach and eliminate the foreign models until you hear it's ok to use them. Also, keep in mind that you have to keep a complete archived copy of every live show, with full cross-indexing and all.

Frat_Ricky - the way some things get set in stone by the courts is that someone is charged with a violation (and possibly arrested), and they go through court, possibly a couple times, but possibly for years. do you want to risk that person being you?

euroxtreme

Guys I need some answers

My friends Im danny from Allgayprovider.com
    These toppin have give me a headache I only produce content from foreing countrys Like the caribbean asia and Europe never American content.

So what you guys think of all my customers that all ready have hundreds of sets made by me.

I used to have my bussiness register in the usa I just change the address to all my domains to a foreing country so I guess Im not force to do all these new crazy laws. what you think Im in a error or went my bussiness are register in foreing countrys not USA. Im out of these crazyness.?

Frat_Ricky
    basschick and boyfunk, thanks for the help. For now until its more clear we are going to temp remove them. Once its figured out we will bring them back, if we can.

We are talking foreign models photographed while IN the US correct? If the model is located in say Thailand, and the set was taken in Thailand by a photographer IN Thailand, we don't need a US ID for that guy or gal right, we'd just need their country's ID and model release to use the set?

Also, with the above example for instance, how are you all handling ID's that are in another country's language and not English?