Thread: Chat programs on adult sites?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Chat programs on adult sites?

Do you guys host chat rooms on your sites? I know some sites like Just Us Boys and Tyler's Room have great message boards, but do any of you host chat for your members? I was just curious if that was something that might keep people interested in coming back for more.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Tyler
    Hey Don, how ya doing?

I have a webcam chat for my members that is pretty popular. Not as popular as the board tho, some of the guys on my site really like to write.

yeah, we've got Live chats with a video feed that featuers our models four times a week, but we leave the chat room open and let the members use it even when there's no show.. the place is crawling..it's helped with our retention quite a bit.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    yes, being a live gay voyeur site we do, and the good thing is its always busy 24/7 all the members have formed together into theire own little community, its great, best thing I ever did, and I think thats what mad our sites grow
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    So those of you who have a chat room on your sites..

What software are you utilizing to run them? Do you have an IRC chat room or a Java one?

Regards,

Lee

Tyler
    I use a flash server based application :-)

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You asked my next question, Lee. LOL! Even though I'm the big content sales guy I still like to learn everything I can about the industry and I really appreciate everyone's input.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I've always relied on 3rd party hosted chat services. Usually java applet based. The cost of having a separate chat server, plus the software to run it has always prevented me from having my own dedicated service.

I'm using Parachat and have loved the ability to customize and basically have a dedicated service without any additional expense. The service with a set number of concurrent users costs less per month than the server lease on a separate box to run the chat server myself. One more feature to offer, one less headache.