Thread: Supreme Court Justice To Lose Home > Eminent Domain Ruling

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Big Grin Supreme Court Justice To Lose Home > Eminent Domain Ruling

If you need a place to stay in New Hampshire, U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter's property in the town of Weare may just meet your needs.

Californian Logan Darrow Clements of Freestar Media LLC filed papers Monday that he hopes will eventually permit him to take Souter's home in Weare, N.H., through eminent domain.

Clements said that, if he has his way, Souter's property will eventually be the home of The Lost Liberty Hotel.

The effort follows a Monday decision by the Supreme Court that ruled 5-4 that federal law does not prevent local governments from using eminent domain to take property from one private owner and give it to another, provided the action is intended for the public good.

Souter joined in the majority opinion. Clements said his decision to pursue Souter's property was an easy one.

"First of all, I knew his address," Clements said.

Souter was appointed by then-President George H.W. Bush, a fact that gave Clements extra incentive to pursue ownership of the house on Cilley Hill Road.

In a letter to the code enforcement officer of Weare, Clements wrote, "although this property is owned by an individual ... a recent Supreme Court case clears the way for this land to be taken by the Government of Weare through eminent domain and given to my LLC for the purposes of building a hotel."

Clements said a hotel would better serve the public interest because it would attract economic development and increase tax revenues.

"We are planning to go ahead for real if the money comes in," Clements said Tuesday. "So far, people are throwing money at me." He said he has received dozens of investment proposals, ranging from $25 to $50,000. He said he did not even come up with the plan until Monday afternoon.

"Souter was appointed by a Republican and should have known better," Clements said, "although Republicans are really good at disappointing us."

He hopes his efforts get the attention of President Bush.

"It looks like there is going to be another vacancy (on the court) and I hope George Bush the Second chooses his nominees a little more carefully than his father did," Clements said.

"We want to send that signal."

In the meantime, he is looking for a good hotel architect.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturd...9/domain.shtml

Hahahaha I love it.

Even though its probably going to be denied, it still proves the point to these justices that their decision was wrong.

Taking property for public amenities such as schools, librarys, hospitals i have no problem with at ll but, taking someones property and giving it to private companies isnt the right thing to do imho.

Id love it if that judges home actually did get taken away from him though LOL

Regards,

Lee

Tyler
    Bahahaha... good on him :signhere: