Thread: Same-Sex Law Passes In Canada

robin

Same-Sex Law Passes In Canada

:sun:

Woohoo! Its official we got the same-sex marriage bill passed last night! The vote was 158-133. It still has to get royal assent but that shouldn't be a problem. Total reality of the bill being totally in place -- mid july.
    http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...sex050628.html

Frat_Ricky
    Well it seems that Canada has taken the title of Land of the Free. Until the United States allows its FREE citizens to marry whom they wish, I have no love for it.

They put our gay youth into the military to die over seas in wars that usually do not concern us, but they wont let them marry. I not going to go on further on this because its a topic that gets me red hot and livid, making me want to leave this so called free country (free as long as u live by the rules places on you by the goverment).

Either way, congrats to gay canadians.

Dzinerbear
    Yes, well apparently we're not overly popular with your government right now as there's a Massachuettes case that keeps quoting the passage of same-sex marriage in the province of Ontario.

Anyway, it's nice to see it finally passed.

I'm just wondering if you Americans have heard anything or much about it. I haven't checked CNN today.

dzinerbear

Only news I see about it is here - nothing on the TV about it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I saw something about it on the news last night although, admittedly, it was a REAL quick segment.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I don't know why Americans aren't rioting in the streets. The amount of stuff that your government and media just don't talk about is overwhelming. While most of Canadian news programs are devoted to Canadian news, there are still significant portions devoted to International and U.S. news. It's a shame.

dzinerbear

I used to wonder how america wasn't being ripped to pieces by it's citizens until I moved here.

the reason is that they don't know, don't care, and think that anyone who knows or cares is a "Weird tree hugging hippie".

they think they live in a free country, they think that the war in Iraq has something to do with terrorism and they think that Paris Hilton vacationing is Greece is an "International News Item".

oh well.. they slowly seem to be waking up.. not quite fast enough, but hey.. rome wasn't burned to the ground in a day.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

i think the reason is that people vent now - they talk on blogs, send out emails, and make webpages. they feel that they have been heard. after that, they feel better. and when you feel better, you don't have the anger or anguish that causes the motivation to talk to your congress person, and all your other reps, or do whatever it takes to be heard.

rational thought works, but most people i know let their emotions rule their head without even knowing it.

personally i guess i am a tree-hugging hippy, although i surely haven't hugged any trees. i haven't eaten meat or bought leather in over 10 years, i recycle (although in a lazy way), i try to respect the people i am around, and i believe that life and quality of life are important for ALL. so naturally no conservative person will listen to anything i say.