Thread: Do You Play The Stock Markets?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought Do You Play The Stock Markets?

Its something we've been toying with for the last couple of months and, if mom had listened to me last night, she could have turned $1000 into $1800 overnight LOL

Its also looking like MySpace and PartyGaming are going to be huge investment wise, MySpace is at around $9 right now with plenty of room for growth and PartyGaming looks like its going to float tomorrow on the LSE at around the $140 price mark per share :eek:

I have my eye on some up and coming tech stock out of Europe at the moment and im waiting for the price to drop slightly before doing anything about it but, if it does drop, its going to be a great investment

So how many of you dabble in stocks and shares and, if you do, have any hot tips?

Regards,

Lee

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Its something we've been toying with for the last couple of months and, if mom had listened to me last night, she could have turned $1000 into $1800 overnight LOL

Its also looking like MySpace and PartyGaming are going to be huge investment wise, MySpace is at around $9 right now with plenty of room for growth and PartyGaming looks like its going to float tomorrow on the LSE at around the $140 price mark per share :eek:

I have my eye on some up and coming tech stock out of Europe at the moment and im waiting for the price to drop slightly before doing anything about it but, if it does drop, its going to be a great investment

So how many of you dabble in stocks and shares and, if you do, have any hot tips?

Regards,

Lee
    Ain't no "Play" involved....
    Market is giving me a rash!

Cat is splitting, and google is still going nuts.
    WDDD is a penny stock I've held a while with great potential.
    (AWLD as well)
    RICK has done well for me.

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well MIX was purchased at $6 a share.

Its now selling at $11+ a share

Quite a good result there.

That European stock i was looking at took a huge dive though so we're not going to be touching that for a while, at least until it starts it upward trend again LOL

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    I would not suggest anyone "play" the stock market. You "play" BlackJack or Craps.... if you approach stock market investing as a gambling venture, you will probably get the same kind of returns - maybe good maybe bad, but unreliable.

I happen to like bigger, established companies. They are stable, and they pay dividends.

In 1993 I suggested this to an old lady friend (I sold her first computer to her) who was asking for some "new growth stocks" for her portfolio. I saw that at work we were all about Dell Computers, Intel processors and Microsoft.

Unfortunately she had a lot more more to invest at the time then me :-)

Today I look around and see everyone spending lots of money on Google (including me). I would look at that.. even if everyone says it is "overvalued"

Same with eBay. and Amazon. If you think oil is going to stay pricey, buy some Exxon. I also like "unglamourous" stocks. Look at a company like Kimberley-Clark. They are a solid, big company... not volitile and they pay a 4% dividend, which is way better then a savings account. Everyone uses their products.

Of course, you may not win any glamour points at an Internext cocktail party when you announce that your latest hot stock buy is the producer of Huggies and Kleenex.

Steve

BDBionic
    I'm with Steve on this one. I don't see the stock market as a potential source for a quick buck. Have I fiddled around with small sums of money in "high risk" stocks for shits and giggles? Sure. But the vast majority of my investments are geared toward long-term returns. They're my retirement. Stable, not overly thrilling companies with a good chance of being around and doing well long in to the future, mutual funds and IRAs that I'm gonna let sit there for 20 years before I even pay much attention to how they're doing.

Call me boring but, eh. That's just how I am when it comes to money. So ask me in 20 years how I'm doin. hehe

Madame0120
    Shoot .. I played the game a few years back. Yaknow a bit of day trading .. picking up the leavings .. one 16th at a time.

Even though I had some success, the ROI wasn't worth it, the proof being the 1200 shares of the defunt TPI corp I still hold. I have yet to figure out why the brokerage comp still sends me a montly report on it.

When I open it, it is with the hope that maybe it's good news and my long- ago long-shot is no longer worthless. But what it truly does is bang home the lesson of how easily a fool and her money can be swiftly be parted.