Thread: Developing New Site, Need Input

Developing New Site, Need Input

I'm developing a new site and have some concepts that I can't quite resolve. Step 1 will be to create a top list to generate initial traffic and get the name out there. Step 2 will be to add personals/hookups, catering to the hardcore/fetish market. Step 3 will be to add hardcore/fetish content as a stand-alone pay site by subscription.

Concept A: Should the personals/hookups area of the site be free registration, but limited access, and then charge a monthly fee for more access to the profiles/pictures/features, and include the subscription fetish/hardcore content as a bonus.

OR

Concept B: Keep the personals/hookup area completely free and drive them to the subscription area of the site as an "upsell" from the personals site. I'm also planning to have a sextoy store, pay per view custom theater for additional revenue from the personals/hookup area.

Make it so they have to at least register to participate in the personals area of course, maybe have some teaser stuff they can only see as a member, and then upsell to the paysite. Include in the signup that they're agreeing to perodic emails letting them know what's going on - like a site newsletter, so you have a good email database happening as well.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    Concept B: Keep the personals/hookup area completely free and drive them to the subscription area of the site as an "upsell" from the personals site. I'm also planning to have a sextoy store, pay per view custom theater for additional revenue from the personals/hookup area.
    Just my opinion but, that would be the option id go for.

At least then you get some other marketable stuff from the surfers in the form of their email addies

Regards,

Lee

kellyAEBN

content & ppv

I can help you with both the ppv stuff and content. Check out www.aebn.com for the ppv... and www.BadAssFeeds.com for content.

Let me know if I can help either way!

kelly
    www.BadAssFeeds.com

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    What Bec says.

I LIKE email!