Thread: Has anyone removed vocals from a song ?

curiousbunny

Has anyone removed vocals from a song ?

I am searching for software that will remove vocals from a wav/mp3 file. Has anyone done this b4 ?

curiousbunny
    I'll rephrase i dont want to "remove the vocals" but save just the vocals.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hmm.. Sounds like something Jasun *might* know about or perhaps Digital Jay, actually, havent seen DJ around for a whole has ayone heard from him?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The only way you could remove or alter the vocals would be if they are in the exact center of the stereo image and don't have a lot of chorusing, reverb, or other effects on them.

The software that removes does so by reversingthe phase of one channel of the stereo image. What happens is that the reversed phase cancels out anything in the exact center of the image (usually vocals, sometimes lead guitar solo)

Of course, if you have a Dolby 5.1 image to work with, it's a little different... most of the time the vocals are in the front center channel, so you could pull that channel out entirely and reduce the remaining channels to stereo.

Hope that helps.

curiousbunny
    Thanks ive been reading on it and apparently it a pain the neck. I thought there was some software out there that would isolate the vocals with the click of an option :o) but i guess not !