Thread: Site Review - July 6

Dzinerbear

Site Review - July 6

We haven't had a site review in a few weeks, we got off track with 2257. If you have a site you'd like reviewed, please PM me and I get you on the schedule. We try to review a site every Wednesday.

Today, I would like to get your input on MANcheck's join page. I'm not interested in feedback on any part of the site right now because it's in progress. However, we are getting feedback that our join page (process) is too confusing, so I figured I'd run it by you guys.

http://www.mancheck.com/join/

What's working? What's not? And it would really help if you would tell me what parts of the page you don't understand.

Thanks
    dzinerbear

personally i don't like the metallic backgrounds behind the price selections. i like to see prices and types of memberships very clearly on join pages because that is what sells the best for me.

there's nothing outstanding about this join page to me - it's not great and it's not bad. i'd like to see screen caps of some of the features, perhaps - or a list on the left where that guy is. but it seems like a join page that probably does okay unless the site sending traffic is a niche - bear, twink, feet, etc.

The guy on the left doesn't do much for me, maybe smaller images, more variety indicating a range of the content. Or something more manly and less scary. I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but he looks angry, not sexy. I've always wanted to put some kind of applet thingy on the join page with images scrolling up or across. My hold back has been page loading times.

I sorta agree about the metallic buttons, and I'm a little confused about the Video Plus option, I have to pay for a regular membership before upgrading? Maybe put the first two options up top, side by side, and video plus below them with some big type "Upgrade Your Mancheck Membership". If I can just signup for Video Plus without the other membership as my starting point, then have that the highlighted option, $39.95 per Month. I'm sure once you get them in the mancheck family for 20 bucks, you can upsell them to video plus pretty easily.

I also think emphasizing that the mancheck memberships are for 1 or 2 years, right up front.. "19.95 for 1 Year" makes the deal sweeter sounding than having to read the fine print to see how good a deal it really is. My first assumption to any price for any membership is that it is a monthly amount.

I have always struggled with join pages.. how much info is too much info. How much will they really read. Highlighting the options the way you have is great, maybe a solid color behind the options would be clearer or a color that really draws the eye to it. I know that pictures on a join page sell better than boring form buttons, fine print and text.

Overall I think it will work fine. Mancheck pretty much sells itself.

Top Cat
    I think it's an OK page, looks nice but the model doesn't do much for me either. I hit refresh hoping the image would rotate, so if you don't get someone the first time they visit the page (because the model isn't their type), you might the next time. I'd also love to see thumbnails of a variety of guys, maybe even labeled: "Twinks" "Bears" "Redheads" (er, skip that last one).

Xstr8guy
    I'm with everbody here... the page doesn't blow me away and it doesn't offend me either. However, I don't think I've ever seen a join page that was anything special.

I also don't care for the model (but you knew that already ) Since the MANcheck join links have niche types, can the links go to niched join pages? If not, why not put a column of smaller square photos representing several niches? We work hard to make MANcheck more than just a twink AVS, so why not feature that on the join page?

Oh, and I hate fucking pink! LOL

Xstr8guy
    Also, the "access to 100,000's of galleries" isn't actually accurate, is it?

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Option #2 points to a page with a naked woman and a foreign language. I take it these options are international also. The localization for that option isn't identified before I click. I though "yikes!" once I chose it.

You might consider organizing the options by localization, to keep the calls to action consistent and avoid any payment confusion. Epassporte seems to be the most "universal" option, so that should be first, no?

Worldwide: Sign up using epassporte!

U.S. Residents: Sign up using Web 900 or an Online Check

Euro/Korea: Sign up using EuroDebit

Swiss (?): Sign up here to Pay by Phone

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMaleVideos
    Option #2 points to a page with a naked woman and a foreign language. I take it these options are international also. The localization for that option isn't identified before I click. I though "yikes!" once I chose it.
    EEK! You're right! And it's a terrible cutout too. It looks horribly amateur.