Thread: 3 tgps for sale - twink niche domains

thetwink

3 tgps for sale - twink niche domains

Hi guys. I have decided to sell my 'twink' sites/domains.

http://www.thetwink.com - a 3 year old tgp that gets a fair amount of SE and recip traffic. For the past 3 months has had no skim on the main page, but still skims from the archive pages. gets 1.5k-2k a day in this manner, and sends a decent amount of traffic to OutPersonals currently. Also has a join 4 free members area, that currently has 300 members, but only 204 that have actually activated their accounts. I actually make sales from the banners in this area, about 1-3 per month, in addition to a small amount of aebn revenue.

http://www.twinkclips.com - is about 1 year old, and lists movies only. was skimming until about 3 weeks ago at which time it was getting ~2k a day, after removing the skim, it is down to 1k a day, but appears to be stable. I get about 2-4 signups a month from the ads on the site, in addition to the odd sale from a hosted gallery listed there. The value in this site is really the domian name, in my opinion. could be a great paysite name, or a great mgp for someone with traffic to grow it huge.

http://www.hottwink.com - is my newest domian, and I never really did anything with it trading-wise. it does get a steady amount of submissions, and therefore recip traffic. currently it's getting ~100-200 a day. Again, a great domain for a paysite, imo.

I'd like to sell these as a package, primarily because I can't differentiate which of the three sends how much to OutPersonals, only that between the three, I make ~$150-$200 per month from outpersonals. I will consider splitting them up if the offer is right, though.

I am looking to get at least $1500 for the package, or best offer. They all have AutoGalleryPro on them curently and I would transfer those liscenses included at that price.

Please, either post your interest in this thread or contact me via e-mail at webmaster at thetwink dot com. I will entertain any reasonable offer, and let anyone that makes an offer know if there are others 'bidding' against them.

thetwink
    I have been informed that JMBSoft doesn't allow the software liscenses to be transferred, so that means the buyer would have to get their own liscense, or swicth to a different script.

thetwink
    I received an offer of $1500 for all three via e-mail.

Going to keep this open until Monday to give the m-f guys a chance to see it.

thetwink
    allright, just negotiiated a bid of $1750 for all three sites. still going with the monday ending. monday at midnight PST to be exact.

thetwink
    Awoke this morning to an e-mail from the original bidder, with a new offer of $2000.

Fetishlady
    goodluck selling them!

thetwink
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetishlady
    goodluck selling them!

thanks

thetwink
    there is now a third interested party, and he has bid $2100 for all three sites. this is the last day, got about 13 hours left.

thetwink
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo
    there is now a third interested party, and he has bid $2100 for all three sites. this is the last day, got about 13 hours left.
    ok, I have to pull this bid, and I am going to explain why.

Bidder 1 - $1500 I post on the boards.
    Bidder 2 - $1750 I post on the boards.
    Bidder 1 - $2000 I post on the boards.

Bidder 3 - $2100 via e-mail, seems direct and to the point, so I reply to him that he is now the highest bidder, and I post to the boards.

Then I recieve a follow up e-mail from Bidder 3, with some very specific and detailed questions. I reply to his e-mail, but after answering his questions I get the feeling that his original e-mail might not have been a solid bid, so I end the e-mail back to him with:

"Hope this helped answer your questions. I already posted that there is an offer of $2100 on the boards... was this a premature assumption on my part?"

here is where the deciding starting happening.

After I e-mailed back to Bidder 3 asking if I posted his offer too soon, I recieved another e-mail from Bidder 1 with a counter bid. But I didn't feel right accepting that counter offer without being sure of bidder 3's intent, so I e-mailed Bidder 1 back with this info... saying that I would keep his counter offer private until I find out for sure about Bidder 3.

I then e-mailed Bidder 3, explaining that I needed to know for sure by a certain time because of the fact that the auction ends in 12 hours, etc.. etc..

But then I realize that wasn't really neccesary, and here is why:

If I had been 100% certain about Bidder 3's offer, then it would have stayed, but not have mattered because he was outbid already. BUT, I had my doubts on the bid because of the questions he asked... nothing bad, but just the type of questions that insinuated he hadn't decided if he was ready to buy or not yet.

SO, I am cancelling this bid, so that Bidder 1 doesn't have to pay more for something that I was still in question over. If Bidder 3 comes back and says that his bid was indeed certain, then he would have lost out anyways, and as it stands now can still outbid the $2000 and be nowhere behind his original postition.

All is well now, and I fell strongly that I am being fair to everyone with this decision.

Summary: Bidder 1 is back in the lead at $2000.

less than 11 hours to go. : )

thetwink
    Okay, Bidder #3 is indeed back in the running, and has confirmed his bid of $2100 for me, after a few e-mails getting some technical answers for his programmer.

less than 8 hours to go.

thetwink
    top bid is now $2200. less than 3 hours to go.

thetwink
    $2400 currently.

thetwink
    one hour now. the final stretch. : )

thetwink
    I just got off of the phone with an interested party, and the newest bid is $2600.

with only 20 minutes left...

thetwink
    allright, that does it. $2600 is the winning bid. Congrats to Bidder #2!

I will post who it is tomorrow, after I verify that they are ok with me posting their name... doubt they will have aproblem with it, but I feel it's right to ask first.