Thread: Video Help...Dark High-Contrast Display

blah blah blah...

Video Help...Dark High-Contrast Display

hey guys. so after my last post http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=10908 i realised that the dark video wasn't due to my capturing procedure but rather either due to my monitor or graphics card (thanks for all your feedbacks btw).

So my problem is that my videos are looking dark with high contrast on my monitor. BUT after trasferring the same vids to another comp, the vids look perfectly fine. So, it's deffinitely NOT the actual video and NOT the monitor. It's only a problem with the way my main comp displays this video, so i'm thinking that it must be the graphics card on that comp.

What do you guys think? how should i go about resolving this issue?

Thanks a lot guys

BTW...the weird thing is that once i take a frame-grab from the same video...it looks perfectly fine. So this is a problem with videos, not photos. ??? What the hell's going on?

Allan

blah blah blah...
    btw....it's not my monitor because when i view the same vids on another comp using the same monitor, they look fine

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Depending on the card, there should be some calibration tools and functions under control panel | displays that may resolve the issue for you. Alternately, since it appears to be a problem *only* with video, check the NLE you're using (I think you said Vegas?) to edit the video and see if there are calibration functions within the preferences or options.

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Depending on the card, there should be some calibration tools and functions under control panel | displays that may resolve the issue for you. Alternately, since it appears to be a problem *only* with video, check the NLE you're using (I think you said Vegas?) to edit the video and see if there are calibration functions within the preferences or options.

thanks chip! I just found out that my graphics card came with a software that controls all that stuff....brightness, contrast, etc.

And i just played around with it a bit and i think it's going to work it's not great (the quality of these vids is still much better on other comps) but it'll do.

Thanks again

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Glad to hear you got your editing troubles worked out :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

curiousbunny
    make sure u have the current drivers for the video card there might b an update.

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousbunny
    make sure u have the current drivers for the video card there might b an update.

thanks cb! yeah, but i'm still totally baffled. How can everything look fine on my comp except for videos? is there something special about videos that i don't know about? It's really weird...for example, as soon as i take a frame grab from one of these videos (hence convert them from a video format to a photo format), the image brightens up and looks perfectly fine, even though the original video is dark with high contrast. WTF ???

curiousbunny
    Have you tried another video player besides media player?