Thread: What Do You Use To Clean Your Machine?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Do You Use To Clean Your Machine?

I think im going to have to head across to Office Depot tomorrow and pick up some kind of pc cleaning kit (all this cigarette ash and food crumbs in the keyboard is horrid) so was wondering if you folks had anything to reccommend?

Usually i just those alcohol wipe things but they dont seem to work to well

Any tips for me other than dont smoke or eat near the laptop? LOL

Regards,

Lee

For periodic cleaning of the inside, grab up a can or two of compressed air and a very soft brush, something akin to a woman's blush application brush as far as softness. Always brush or blow air across and down, so that the dust particles move towards the base of the case. Use a damp rag to remove anything that won't vacate with a hit of air of the case bottom.

You can literally wash a keyboard under warm water and sponge ... but you won't be able to use it til it thoroughly dries -- might take a day or two turned upside down on a drain pan. I usually have 2 boards, one to swap in while another gets cleaned up and dries. Some say you can expidite that with a hair dryer but I've never tried it.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    My problem is dust and pizza crumbs. If you're on a laptop, be careful with chemicals on the screen. I just wet a towel with water and wipe it that way.

Other than that, plain 'ol compressed air cans always worked best for me. Blow it all out of there.

I just get a new computer every year :thumbsup:

cheers,
    Luke

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    you mean we are supposed to clean these things? oh oh...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

ooopss- missed u said laptop - don't try washing that then! My option works on regular PC keyboard units!

Fetishlady
    i use damp fabric to clean my keyboard and tissue to wipe my LCD monitor..

kcwebwerks
    Q-tip and rubbing alcohol for the keys, compressed air for inbetween the keys, and windex on a tissue for the monitor. Just be sure that the windex doesn't run down the front of the screen into the unit. Baaaad things can happen.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    ooopss- missed u said laptop - don't try washing that then!

Myself, I just vacuum my keyboard and use water and a towel for the rest.

I'd rather be whole, than good
    I just buy a new key board twice a year.. There only 20 bucks :penny:
    And I use air weekly

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    eh, just toss it in the washing machine with your jeans. :roadie:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Camper than a row of tents
    Forget the compressed air. Take your stuff outside and use the yard blower on it. That's what I do and it works awesome.

My keyboard was once so loaded with food that the can of air and yard blower did nothing. So I took it to the gas station and put the tire pump on it.

BDBionic
    Yeah keyboards are pretty cheap. Ya can just by a new one every now and then. No biggie. Another thing I tried for awhile was I performed a little amputation action on a couple keyboards I had. Inside the keyboards is pretty much this big empty area around the keys, interrupted only by the bits the keys press down on. And in all that empty space is where the gook gets. Almost like a pier with all its pylons in the ocean. With debris and barnacles and driftwood and gook all gathered around em. So I used some drills to create some big holes in the side of my keyboard that allowed me to just hold it over a trashcan, shake it about and have all the nastiness fall out whenever I wanted to. Just don't cut too far in or you'll sever something important.

Conceivably, so long as you know what you're doing, you can open up any laptop and clean it out. But the keys all rest on a big curcuit board kinda thingy and there's all kinds of wires and fasteners and joints and what not inside so... well I don't advise it unless ya know how your laptop is put together .

To clean my tower, I actually use a vacuum. I detach all cables and power sources and unplug every little thing. I open up the tower. I vacuum it out very carefully.

I have a room in my home that is essentially the computer shop. In it are bunches of old towers and monitors and scanners and keyboards and printers and all sortsa things I can fiddle around with and build frankensteinish machines that are a mix of parts from bunches of different machines. And as the dork I am, I still use these old computers. (I still have an old 486 I'm able to play Kings Quest and Space Quest and Liesure Suit Larry on, running Windows 3.1 haha. 8mb ram! WOOHOO!). It's in this sterile, dark computer room that all my tools and gadgetry and endless miles of cable are. And it's in there that I take my tower once a quarter (4 times a year) to open it up, vacuum, dust, and what not. Almost like a quarterly medical checkup, from which it emerges good as new. And then sometimes I'll also put a new video card or soundcard or whatever else in to it during its cleaning session.

I dunno why I'm sharing all this. What was the question again?

curiousbunny
    i usually just clean my keyboard with clorox wipes
    i dont really eat in front of my pc.