Thread: Anyone Here Own A Gay Password Site?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Here Own A Gay Password Site?

For 'trading' passwords to paysites?

Been talking to a few people in the straight side of the biz and they are telling me they do really really well from signups from these types of sites so wondered if anyone on GWW owns one specifically for gay paysites?

Regards,

Lee

Oh just to clarify, im not talking about the password site owners doing really well, i mean the paysites that get listed on those types of sites see a lot of signups directly from the traffic.

Regards,

Lee

Don't even go there. All password trading sites do is encourage two bit hackers to try and brute force their way into paysites. How can you even bring such a topic up for discussion?

Back in the early days, before I figured out how to stop brute force hack attempts, I had passwords showing up on trading sites. I never saw an increase in signups. I did see skyrocketing bandwidth bills, slow server response times, and many hours of frustration stoping those asswipes from giving away what I had worked so hard to create.

If you want to submit passes to some of them, to test it out, go for it. But please don't encourage anyone to try and get into that slimey side of the business. If you feed passwords to one of them, all you do is perpetuate the belief that a surfer can get something for nothing. Once you show up on one of those sites, every 2 bit hacker will think you are open to brute force attacks, and you'll have them after you for months or even years.

The very small return you might get from it is offset by the long term drawbacks of future hack attempts, the insured survival of password trading sites, and the encouragement of more people to learn or attempt to get something for nothing.

Ethically, its just not something I would ever consider. I would consider anyone that encouraged it or participated in it no better than a common thief. Sometimes its not all about the money.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

fake password site

perhaps an opening to create a 'fake' password site ?

one where the members areas are limited with the password, to upsell them ?

form a co-op with other paysites to create a hub ?

just ideas

socks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

You're describing a TGP or MGP, why not call it what it is? When you put "free passwords" on anything, you simply encourage the practice.

those sites are not good at all, you attract the worst types of clients. Even if you get a sale, that userid/password ends up on other password boards very quickly. I would think that a lot of people who visit those sites also visit stolen credit card sites and hacker sites, not to mention all the IRC channels they know about where they will post their password too.

cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    All password trading sites do is encourage two bit hackers to try and brute force their way into paysites.
    I hear you there and, i must also disagree, i know a few different people who actually own some straight orientated password sites and, they also own their own paysites that they list on these sites, because they have figured out how to market to the surfers that will visit these types of sites.

How can you even bring such a topic up for discussion?
    Why not bring it up for discussion? Its a part of the adult side of the industry and, like those types of sites or not, they are always going to be around, lets find ways to profit from those sites rather than lose out to them :thumbsup:

Back in the early days, before I figured out how to stop brute force hack attempts, I had passwords showing up on trading sites. I never saw an increase in signups. I did see skyrocketing bandwidth bills, slow server response times, and many hours of frustration stoping those asswipes from giving away what I had worked so hard to create.
    So this type of site has been around for a while and surfers are visiting ad using them, how can we use this to our advantage then?

If you want to submit passes to some of them, to test it out, go for it. But please don't encourage anyone to try and get into that slimey side of the business.
    Im not encouraging anyone to get in to that side of the industry, those types of sites already exist, like it o not and, rather than being so quick to condem that source of traffic, we need to think of a way to profit from it, wouldnt you agree?

If you feed passwords to one of them, all you do is perpetuate the belief that a surfer can get something for nothing.
    You mean like TGP's?

Once you show up on one of those sites, every 2 bit hacker will think you are open to brute force attacks, and you'll have them after you for months or even years.
    A very good point actually, but, by having scripting in place to stop such 'hacking' attempts, couldnt we redirect that traffic to somewhere else?

The very small return you might get from it is offset by the long term drawbacks of future hack attempts, the insured survival of password trading sites, and the encouragement of more people to learn or attempt to get something for nothing.
    The same could also be said for TGP's and, in fact, has been said about TGP's in the last 7+ years, i dont see why, if someone has that source of traffic available though, why we, as webmasters, cant learn to use it to our advantage :$$$:

Ethically, its just not something I would ever consider. I would consider anyone that encouraged it or participated in it no better than a common thief. Sometimes its not all about the money.
    See thats the thing, one mans ethics dont necessarily translate in to another persons, whilst i would agree with you that most of these sites are owned by people who are nothing more than common theives, i also have some respect for some owners of these types of sites to, as i mentioned earlier, a few people i kno actually have their own 'password' site which is nothing more than a listing of their sites urls going to a limited time 'free' membership join page i also know at least 1 person who deliberately builds 'members areas' for paysites that dont exist, in which he puts nothing but upsell feeds to PPV theatres like AEBN and, he makes an absolute fortune from those 'members aras'

Lets discuss this real issue in the industry and try to figure out a method that we can promote our sites on this type of traffic source, rather than just poo-pooing the idea right off the bat because it seems 'wrong'.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by sockstars
    perhaps an opening to create a 'fake' password site ?

one where the members areas are limited with the password, to upsell them ?

form a co-op with other paysites to create a hub ?

just ideas

socks
    Yep thats what one of my friends does, as mentioned above.

I also like the idea of having a 'hub' site featuring a bunch of these fake password sites im pretty sure the traffic from the could be skimmed to elsewhere in a network to.

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    We used to accept traffic from password sites but not anymore. It did not convert very well at all and it was just too many problems.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

You can throw enough traffic at anything and some of it will stick. My problem with password site traffic is that it is near the bottom of the barrel in quality. Not quite as bad as Asian Message Board traffic, but pretty darned close.

Can you tell you've pushed one of my Hot Buttons? LOL

One day back in July of 2001 (I think) I had 3 or 4 passwords show up on a big password site. That day alone, nearly 11,000 unique visitors hit the site after the passes were disabled. I redirected to the tour for a few hours, to the main site page for a few hours, and eventually sent them to a 401 page with a join button and a link back to the main site. No increase in signups at all.

Fast forward to 2002, I had started using a 5 day trial. Some bonehead joined with the username: open password: sesame Well, that didn't take long to show up on the password sites either. It was cut off after just a few logins, and the resulting traffic was around 4 to 5,000. I did get signups from that one. BUT... those lovely customers downloaded every video they could get, and of the 8 that I could attribute to password traffic, 4 of them refunded, and the remaining 4 cancelled before the trial was over. One of the logins even showed up on another password site.

I really don't need that kind of crap. If you are wanting to throw your TGP/MGP traffic at a password site you operate and then send it to a PPS program, it might work for you. You can attract the 16 year old kid in Germany who is learning to hack paysites and encourage him. You can make the 21 year old college kid with no credit card or checking account happy. You can teach your traffic that there are things like password sites out there and they truly can get into pay sites for free if they're fast. TopBucks won't even accept "non-english" traffic, they'd shit little green apples if you sent crappy password traffic to their PPS program.

Have you ever had 20 or more HEAD calls per second for hours on end by some hacker in Asia? Its like sitting at home watching a crack head try to pry open your front door with a wooden spoon. You know he won't get in, but it pisses you off that he would even try.

While I know those sites will always be out there, I still think its wrong to give them any life at all. Why should we learn or even try to market to them? They're not customers I would want to join my site.

It really is an ethical issue for me. Password sites are near the top of my "things I hate about the internet" list, and at the bottom of the barrel in terms of traffic quality.

Time is much better spent with good honest marketing and site development than chasing every two bit sleazy surfer out there. Just because its possible, doesn't make it right.