Thread: what happened to Acacia?

what happened to Acacia?

I just found this interesting little article on xbiz:
    http://www.xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=9524

It looks like the Acacia threat is pretty much dead now. Hrmmm....I wonder how all those companies that sold out are feeling now? I know there was a huge fuss when they did since part of the deal was to disclose a lot of very classified information. And they lost a lot of affiliates and traffic as a result.

cheers,
    luke

at this point, acacia is maybe less likely to be a continuing threat to all internet industries, but it's not over till a judge says so... a change to a judge who doesn't understand computers could uphold their claim.

Slade
    Haven't you heard?

Their paperwork wasn't in order..and they're serving 5 years in Leavenworth!

2257 strikes again!

Cheerful Agnostic
    The adult industry has been lumped in with the cable companies.

In Sept there will be a claims hearing where Acacia will restate it's claims against everyone.

Then we sit and wait some more.

The case was about to be thrown out when the cable companies got lumped in. Now we probably have another year, then comes the appeals.

rick
    What "part of the deal" was to disclose confidential information? If you read the contracts on their website I see nothing that states this.

They had to open their books up for regular inspections by Acacia accountants to ensure that Acacia was getting the $$ they were supposed to get. Plus I recall something about companies having to disclose all their affiliate information to Acacia too.

cheers,
    Luke