Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine Withdrawl

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Caffeine Withdrawl

Okay, I'm trying to get the java monkey off of my back. I stopped drinking coffee yesterday and switched to Green Tea. There is still caffeine in it but not as much. I'm already feeling sluggish and getting headaches. I have a feeling this is not going to be easy. Anyone ever done it? Any helpful hints to help me cope?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Coke Zero and Sprite Zero

If you are a regular Coke / Sprite drinker that is, your body will know you arent taking caffeine but, your mind will think it still is

Regards,

Lee

Thanks for the tip. I'm not a big soda drinking. I tend to drink it with meals, but I'm trying to stop that. I always feel like if it order water in a restaurant people will think I'm poor. LOL! That's my mother's way of thinking. Heh heh. I've always had soda with meals so It's wierd trying to break the habit.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Foolish boy, why are you punishing yourself like this? Wouldn't you rather be sitting there sipping a warm, frothy cappucino?

Cheers,
    Luke

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Eww Luke, you're evil LMAOPIP It sounds good though LOL

Don I tried it and failed. Although, I left the 5 pots a day behind me. When I have the sluggish feelings I would drink a large glass of water, that always worked. It was especially helpful during my mid afternoon drag.

I don't know about you but the headaches we really bad for me. I thought I found out what migrane's were like, they were that bad for me. It got to a point that I finally popped two aspirin with a big mug of coffee.

Good luck, babe. But I'd add the water to battle the sluggish moments.
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

i haven't had caffeine drinks in years, but it can really make you feel lousy to quit cold turkey. why not start by doing 50/50 coffee. 50% regular, 50% decaf. then after a couple weeks, cut the mixture to 25% regular.

good luck!

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Well if you ask me...

There is no point to life without Red Bull!!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

You know, I've been whining about my one cup a day habit but I'm seeing all these people with a lot more than me. I think I'm in good shape with just my one. I'm drinking one cup of Green tea a day and so far today I'm not feelin' to bad. I'm going to do this for the rest of the week and then just skip it entirely on the weekend and see how I fee. Thanks for the tips, especially that water one, GA. That's gonna be a big help!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

HollywoodHorwtz
    DonMike, you need to get on the Mate style,its totally as powerful as coffee but w/o the jitters,plus it frees the free radicals,madd antioxidants!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodHorwtz
    DonMike, you need to get on the Mate style,its totally as powerful as coffee but w/o the jitters,plus it frees the free radicals,madd antioxidants!

I've never heard of that. What is it?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Fetishlady
    avoiding coffeine is just like quitting smoking..takes time but worth it.

DigitalJay
    If you make your coffee yourself at home, just buy some decaf. mix it half and half with regular for a bit, switch to 1 part regular 3 parts decaf for a bit, then switch to all decaf, realize it tastes like shit, and quit drinking coffee.

HollywoodHorwtz
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    I've never heard of that. What is it?
    its a tea, you can get it anywhere really, trader joes or most coffee shops have some.it taste similiar to green tea but more bitter.check out this link with more info..
    http://www.noborders.net/mate/

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodHorwtz
    its a tea, you can get it anywhere really, trader joes or most coffee shops have some.it taste similiar to green tea but more bitter.check out this link with more info..
    http://www.noborders.net/mate/
    ah, yeah. I looked it up after I posted the question and it took me to the same exact link. I'm gonna try some. I've looked at Whole Foods and Raplhs with no luck. I'm gonna try Trader Joe's this weekend. I'm not big on bitter teas but maybe a little lemon will make it better. Ever try that?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

AusCoding Allan
    Hey Don,

I have a hypersensitivity (allergy) to caffeine and most stimulants like pseudoephedrine (in cold and flu tablets).

When I found out that this was what was causing my frequent heart palpitations I found it really easy to stop - the doc said either quit drinking caffeinated drinks or I'll see you in the hospital. Pretty good incentive to quit for me.

I don't drink coke, coffee or tea (except herbal). I find the best way to get past it is not to think that you're quitting completely. Just every time you go to have a cup think "I just won't have this cup." I know it sounds stupid but many people have trouble quitting because quitting is forever. If you just continue not to have this cup - before you know it you'll have been off caffeine for months.

Cheers,

Allan