Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does The Industry Revolve Around GFY + Their Rednecks These Days?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does The Industry Revolve Around GFY + Their Rednecks These Days?

I was just checking on another of the webmaster communities we own and someone had posted a picture of some chick in a bathroom with some guy (presumably from GFY) in it.

I dont understand why everyone over there seems to think that everyone else in the industry cares what happens on that board?

To me its good for one thing, marketing and fucking around when you need some 'chill' time away from the working day.

I can probably list on less than 1 hand the amount of posters that board has that i would honestly like to spend 5 minutes of my time with, everyone else, to me are nothing more than a demographic to be marketed to.

When did the industry start to revolve around GFY and 99% of the losers that couldnt get a job at McDonalds if they tried that post there?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Shoot I gotta get out more often on the internet... :goofy:

TBH I never thought much of GFY and yet it does appeal to many for some reason, guess its some enjoy seeing others torn apart, whether valid or not or some just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Fetishlady
    i don't think much and stay at GFY cause some peeps there are very racist and mean towards others.

graphicsbytia
    *ahem.. Lee.. I would suggest you don't bite the hand that feeds you. You've gotten a lot of traffic from gfy to your own projects.

Let's face it, gfy is one of the fastest moving boards in adult, and the members there are not only members of gfy but members of lots of other boards too, including this one.

It just seems to me that it would be much more to your advantage to speak nicely of them rather than alienate them, don't you think?

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsbytia
    It just seems to me that it would be much more to your advantage to speak nicely of them rather than alienate them, don't you think?
    Why? Show me one informative thread over there that I don't have to wade through 40 stupid posts from idiots saying things like, "What fucking planet do you live on? Just because you have 4,000 people a second posting whatever happens to fall out of their brain, doesn't really mean it's a force to be reckoned with.

GFY, like so much of the business, plays the 10-inch cock game. Look at my board we have 250,000 members, come promote my program we pay 75% and convert 1:42, we have the hottest guys/girls, the biggest cocks/tits blah blah ... it's all a numbers game trying to impress people who don't know any better.

I've never found GFY useful and I don't feel I've suffered as a result of not participating.

dzinerbear

graphicsbytia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Why? Show me one informative thread over there that I don't have to wade through 40 stupid posts from idiots saying things like, "What fucking planet do you live on? Just because you have 4,000 people a second posting whatever happens to fall out of their brain, doesn't really mean it's a force to be reckoned with.

GFY, like so much of the business, plays the 10-inch cock game. Look at my board we have 250,000 members, come promote my program we pay 75% and convert 1:42, we have the hottest guys/girls, the biggest cocks/tits blah blah ... it's all a numbers game trying to impress people who don't know any better.

I've never found GFY useful and I don't feel I've suffered as a result of not participating.

dzinerbear
    Oh.. don't get me wrong.. some of what you and Lee say is definitely true.. but the traffic they send is nothing to sneeze at.. I know that.. and so does Lee.

It's just that it seems right for me to ask the question, "how does this benefit me?" whenever I do something, and if the answer is, "it doesn't" then I don't do it

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsbytia
    *ahem.. Lee.. I would suggest you don't bite the hand that feeds you. You've gotten a lot of traffic from gfy to your own projects.

Let's face it, gfy is one of the fastest moving boards in adult, and the members there are not only members of gfy but members of lots of other boards too, including this one.

I have to agree with ya. I all honesty..who CARES what they post on GFY if you are getting something out of it. Yeah, you have to wade through a lot of posts..but I've found some VERY valuable info and connections through GFY..and when I need ENTERTAINMENT..nothing better than to laugh my ass off at some of the total retards that post there.

As for Lee being "nice" on there..don't hold your breath. Lee seems to delight in enticing and baiting the "boys" there to come after him in the threads he posts. "Any publicity, even bad..is good!"

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    As for Lee being "nice" on there..don't hold your breath. Lee seems to delight in enticing and baiting the "boys" there to come after him in the threads he posts. "Any publicity, even bad..is good!"
    I've seen him in action and they fall for it every time.

dzinerbear

Slade,

I think you have me all wrong, apparently im a nice guy over there...

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=494711

Regards,

Lee

HollywoodHorwtz
    GFY serves a purpose in the industry,whether ya like it not. sure there are alot of rednecks racist homophobe assholes there but theres bad apples in every tree,even at GWW..

The only times I ever visit GFY are:
    1) someone points me to a post that they think I should reply to
    2) I am looking for information on some specific company, like a new billing company, since there is almost always comments on it already on GFY
    3) If I need to quickly advertise something to almost every webmaster in the adult community

GFY is good in that it is the hangout for such a huge majority of adult webmasters.....but its also horrible for the same reason as it is home to sig spammers, ignorant gay bashers, absolutely rude ass idiots plus a lot of people that have a lot of time on their hands to waste!

Like HollywoodHorwtz says, it serves a purpose.

cheers,
    Luke

The best thing about GFY of all though, is that you can ask the most stupid questions and morons will actually reply to your thread for example;

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=494772

Look left, its under my username, i bet there will be at least 10-15 replies in that thread for no other reason than the posters want to have their 'sig' viewed

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I remember seeing a site that had some kinda spider that tracked forum activity for all number of large online forums. it listed thousands of forums, from online gaming forums to webmaster forums to dating and social networking and professional and whatever else. GFY was in the top 5 when it came to activity (# of posts, # of threads and such). With the massive amounts of activity on that site, it lends itself to reason that a good amount of it will be trivial. How could the site get so much activity and have all that activity be serious discussion? It'd be impossible.

At the same time, with all the mass amounts of activity there, undoubtedly there will be some relevant stuff thrown in to the mix.

So it has a purpose to serve.

Brian,

That would be http://www.boardtracker.com definately a usefull tool for todays industry webmasters if they utilize it efficiently

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    That would be http://www.boardtracker.com definately a usefull tool for todays industry webmasters if they utilize it efficiently
    Boardtracker is great, but from his description I don't think that's what he was referring to