Thread: What Anti-Virus Program Do You Use?

blah blah blah...

What Anti-Virus Program Do You Use?

hey guys...just seeing what everyone uses to protect their comps.

So, what Anti Virus program do you use and are you happy with it?

I used to use PC-Cillin and i thought it was mediocre but now that i've uninstalled it (my subscription ran out and i didn't want to renew), my comp is going all wacko!

I tired installing Norton Anti Virus the trial version), but a lot of weird things were happening (strange pop-ups) so i uninstalled that too and now my comp is pretty much rendered useless.

Any good programs i should know about? Should i just buy the full version of Norton?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Gary and I are both using Norton Internet Security and we're loving it

Everything you could need in one package and our spam email has been cut almost to the point of not receiving any at all and, those that do slip through, get added to a 'spam' folder so a quick browse of the message subjects in that folder is all we need to know whether a legitimate email has been filtered in to it by mistake.

Regards,

Lee

KapstA
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

we use avg works great for us here at WC

Dzinerbear
    I've always used Norton Anti Virus. I've never had any trouble with it except when I actually go to buy or upgrade it. The first time after paying for "virus updating" nothing happened at the end of the transaction. I called the help line and the guy just gave me a number to plug into the software.

The next time I followed their onscreen instructions, which were whacked, so I bought the wrong version. So I had to call them again. The third time the number the website gave me didn't work, so I called them again, now it appears that their call centers are being outsourced to India, so that was kinda fun.

So, my advice is to go to a software store and actually buy a physical copy of the software. By the same token, if the people who are supposed to be protecting your computer can't even run their own website ...

dzinerbear

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I have used a variety over the years.

Started with Norton but found it missed too many threats that others picked up, such as AVG, Trend Micro online, Panda Online.

I have used Zonealarm but it went all funny on me too, so now I use the free program from my cable company. It includes a firewall that is awfully similiar to zonealarm, and has the professional ad-aware with it, plus a robust anti virus program that seems to work fine.

I also augment it with using the panda and trend micro online scans regularly for safety sake.

just my 2 cents
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    I use PC-Cillin which is excellent and I also use Norton Antivirus on my other pc's. You probably can't go wrong with either one. I believe PC-Cillin updates their virus dat files quicker then any of the others. So if there is a outbreak of a new virus pc-cillin sends out the dat updates quicker to catch the virus.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I am using Norton, it does a good job of keeping itself updated and catching viruses plus most spyware too. The only issue I have is the outlook plugin, it works like a charm to stop email viruses but it also tends to "hang" outlook quite a bit. The fix is to shut outlook down then restart it which is easy, but it does tend to happen about once a week.

cheers,
    Luke

blah blah blah...
    my comp has been hit with a tob of viruses over the last two weeks that i've gone without any anti-virus program and now that i've installed the trial version of PC-Cillin, it doesn't seem to be able to to remove some of these viruses!!! GAWD, i HATE computers!! they make you feel so hopeless sometimes, damn!

I think i'm just going to go and get a physical copy of Norton Internet Security from the store. Hopefully that'll resolve things a little :penny:

BDBionic
    http://www.grisoft.com 's av program is pretty good, and free.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I am using Norton, it does a good job of keeping itself updated and catching viruses plus most spyware too. The only issue I have is the outlook plugin, it works like a charm to stop email viruses but it also tends to "hang" outlook quite a bit. The fix is to shut outlook down then restart it which is easy, but it does tend to happen about once a week.

cheers,
    Luke
    I use norton internet security/antivrius on win xp with it checking outlook messages and it does not hang ever.

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Gpallen, you being in Vancouver, is your ISP Shaw? If so get their free anti virus and firewall... its good and comes with the pro version of adaware... works great and updates daily.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Gpallen, you being in Vancouver, is your ISP Shaw? If so get their free anti virus and firewall... its good and comes with the pro version of adaware... works great and updates daily.
    yeah, i use Shaw But i just bought the NAV and Internet Security, and WOW!!! the moment i installed it all the pop-ups stopped and i'm not getting any more error messages that cause windows to shut down. Woooooooooooooh, what a relief! But thanks anyway :groovy:

Fetishlady
    i have Norton Anti-Virus in my PC and ad-aware for spyware removal.

i like any norton before norton 2004. i use zonealarm with antivirus now, and it seems to catch a lot.

if you're seeing popups or slowdowns, you may not have a virus - you may have spyware. i liked webroot spy sweeper, but it does not work and play with with zonealarm. now i use counterspy for spyware removal.

H2ohNeil
    I'm on a linux box and uses clamav. Not experienced much issues.