Thread: New DungeonBears Webmaster Referral Program

DungeonBears

New DungeonBears Webmaster Referral Program

Our webmaster program is run through CCBILL interface for Affiliates. It's a 50/50 program, which means you earn 50% of all initial signups and 50% of all rebills for as long as a customer is a member

www.dungeonbears.com

www.dungeonbears.com/DBReferral.htm

Dzinerbear
    Hey there,

Nice site, great niche. I should be able to convert amazingly well for you.

Can I make a suggestion? Dump your 3-day trial. The amount of content you likely have on the site, a 3-day trial is enough for the surfer to take everything and leave.

Check out this thread, especially the response from the site owner Cheeks on the third page.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...kin+men+movies

dzinerbear

DungeonBears
    Thanks Dzinerbear

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. We are very new to this and trying to figure the whole marketing thing out.

Are you saying we should go for a shorter trial, like one day?

Dzinerbear
    Nope. I'm suggesting that you should dump the trial altogether. What Workin Men Movies found was that the largest number of people were signing up for his 3-day trial, downloading everything they wanted, and then, not renewing. I was selling lots of trials for WMM but not so many 30-day's, and very few of the trials were converting to full memberships.

When the webmaster of WMM killed his trial altogether, my conversions went through the roof. Now I sell at least one membership a day, sometimes two and three. And many of those stick it out and rebill.

Although trials are marketed as "try the site out for $6.95, what do you have to lose." What most site owners are hoping is that many of those trials will simply forget to cancel the trial on the fourth day and they'll get a rebilling out them. Trials are really only profitable if you're running a huge conglomerate of sites and selling hundreds or thousands of them a day. But for a single site, I think they're a waste of time.

Have confidence in your product. If you believe it's worth $21.95 for 30 days, then stand firm.

And if you don't want to kill the trial, then as basschick suggested, give me the choice of where I send my traffic. I work my butt off to get search engine traffic to my sites, I want to send it somewhere I can make a good buck. Why would I send it to you to make $3 when I can send it somewhere else and make $15, $20 or $30? So perhaps you could have a non-trial version. But that sounds like a lot more work. It probably involves making a duplicate of all your outside files and placing them in a sub-directory so my traffic would never see the trial.

Like I said, I think you have an excellent product and it should sell well. Don't give it away. You've got costs to cover, too!

cheers
    dzinerbear

Dart
    Great site Mike! We just joined your affiliate program. We run BearBound.com and I think a lot of our traffic will enjoy your site!

Check out our site . . .we'd love to have you on our affiliate program as well!

Dart

DungeonBears
    Thanks Dart

I have been a fan of your site for a long time. I just joined your affiliate program

Dart
    You've been a fan all this time and haven't said hi??? Or offered to pose?? Or let me come watch....????

Geez!

Get on your knees NOW bear!!

. . .now where'd I put those cuffs. . .

*smooch*

Dart

Dzinerbear
    Mike,

Any chance I could get a couple of custom banners? I need them for my site's preview areas that gets all my search engine traffic.

If so, I'd like a couple of banners 140 wide by 300 high or 140 wide by 150 high. Whichever size you'd like to do, I'd like to get a couple of banners so I can rotate them.

If you want to see where they'll be going, PM me and I'll send you my URL.

dzinerbear