Thread: IE's blocking a banner rotating javascript.

Dzinerbear

IE's blocking a banner rotating javascript.

Hi there,

I just noticed that IE is blocking a javascript I use on my outside pages to rotate banners. What's up with that? How do I get around it?

It's a Javascript I picked up from htmlbasix.com and I keep the Javascripts in a central directory on the site and link to them, I don't have the actual script sitting right on the page.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

Dzinerbear
    I Googled this to see if I could find more information, and it seems to be a problem associated with previewing webpages that you're building. Once the webpages are published, this doesn't seem to occur.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

MidwestMale
    yes i work with java mostly you cannot preview I-Frame and some java applets in preview mode you need to install it to the web server (live server) we usually just make a temp directory on a live server to test out diffrent things before we throw it on our main server if you need to use a test server i got one i am not currently using... hit me up for more details.

Matt...
    admin@midwestmale.com

Soonnow
    Preview ?!?

What you may have noticed is that the security-level is (default) higher
    on javascript running from a file your local machine, which may seem strange
    but makes sense when you think about it, since it's "closer" to your "ressources".
    So a cross-frame script could "upload" files on your disk to a site somewhere.
    - But this new security feature can be bypassed by selecting
    [ ] Allow active content to run on "this computer"

yup, I have run into this a few times before, its a very strange thing that its stopped when browsing the page locally from your c:/ drive but it works fine when browsing the exact same code on a different computer (ie, your server).

glad you got it sussed.

cheers,
    Luke