Thread: Do you know of a script that does this?

BritishTwinks

Do you know of a script that does this?

I need a system to manage models / potential models.

I guess it would start with a form on the website that potential models could complete, giving their stats and a couple of photos of themselves. Then the script would e-mail them some info and save their data into my database. I would be able to manage everyone I have on file - so I can quickly find a model of x age and x experience in x area. I'll also want to add my own notes - who's reliable, who's done scenes with who, who's content has been sold to who, and so on.

I guess this is something most content producers must have. Is there a commonly used script?

curiousbunny
    The php guy i use is great and FAST if u watn a custom script email me i will give u the details.
    webmaster@bobbyrezmedia.com

nicoone
    hi if you interested in custom code hit me up ICQ: 156323263

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Check out auscode here at GWW... think Alan from ozmalegalleries has a hand in that, can't think right now but from what's been said here on the board they are terrific, great pricing, great support plus they participate on this board... so give them a look see.

just my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id have to agree with Ian, if you are going to go the custom route, shoot an email over to allan @ auscoding.com

Would setting a database up in Excell not be enough for this btw?

Regards,

Lee

You might also look into adapting an auction script for this ... you'd just be editing the information to submit - and it'd already have the parts needed to upload pictures.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We had a custom solution written that does exactly what you're talking about... I don't think ours would work for you, 'cause it's got some unusual features/configuration that we needed, but we had our regular programmer do it for us and it wasn't expensive at all... I think it was under $500 all in, with a lot of bells and whistles.

Just have a pretty good idea of what you want and how you'd like it to function when you approach whomever you get to code it for you... it will save a lot of time and reduce cost.

BritishTwinks
    What are your unusual features, boyfunk?

The only problem with having one custom-written, is we'll ned to think *exactly* what we want it to do. Hmmm. Those of you that have one, what features are most useful for you?

Soonnow
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishTwinks
    we'll ned to think *exactly* what we want
    That's a common misconception when approaching developers.

- It's much better to just give a broad description of what you want to use the software for, and then let the developer worry about the specifics.

Chances are, he's written dozens of systems borderlining yours, and knows what works and what doesn't, much better than you do (no offence).

Also given the "freedom of design" he'll work harder to make a system that's fluent and easily modified too.
    Whereas forcing him to do things a certain way, that he knows will result in headaches later on, you become the proverbial "boss" that everybody hates...

AusCoding Allan
    Hey there BritishTwinks,

Just returned from holidays and noticed your thread.

I can think of many ways to approach this model management script, shoot me an email if you want to chat, it's a fairly straightforward script and shouldn't be too difficult to write.

Cheers,

Allan