Thread: 'Marketing' Does Not Equal..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

'Marketing' Does Not Equal..

Posting on message boards :eek:

Ive been watching what a few of these 'marketing companies' have been doing as of late as, it really did spike my interest in their services but, i have to say, ive been very dissappointed with what i have seen

So far, from what i can gather, if you 'hire' one of these marketing companies, what you are actually paying for, is for them to post on a bunch of industry message boards on a daily basis.

Now, call me crazy, isnt a 'marketing' firm actually supposed to market your sites and not just post on a message board?

If you want someone to post on a boards spam forum, you need a 'board whore' not a marketing company.

The more i see the direction the industry is headed as of late, the more im glad we're slowly leaving it.

Regards,

Lee

posting on boards is a part of marketing, although posting just to show your sig is pretty iffy. but marketing might include sending emails to people, putting ads or at least free listings on resource sites, contests, search engine listings (paid or free), listings on other sites, listings on webmaster pages, print ads and press releases - among other things.

does anyone actually know what "Fetish Lady" is hocking?

I can see that shit from 8 miles away... or is it just me?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

details, man - we need details!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    does anyone actually know what "Fetish Lady" is hocking?

I can see that shit from 8 miles away... or is it just me?

well.. there are certain members of GWW who seem to post an awful lot of "Me Too" responces that either make no sense or don't contribute to the thread more than just flush it out.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

i was talking to a designer who i like, and he said he was afraid that if people knew he was in the philippines, they wouldn't use him. unfortunately that's probably true.

most philippine marketing reps don't take the time to understand what is being talked about are not doing anything good for their companies or for philippine outsourcing. they would make more sales, and have a much better reputation, if they took the time (and asked questions) to only post relevant stuff - and showed an interest and understanding in the adult industry.

BDBionic
    FetishLady seems like a sweetheart to me. Why judge? She could very well be making an honest effort to contribute while not having English as a first language. Not every post someone makes has to be a novel or be preachy for them to be a contributor or community member. She's a recent, new member of the board, from overseas and likely speaks English as a second language, and has to deal with the automatic assumptions on the part of many that just cuz she's based offshore she's doin' nothin' but sigwhoring. That can't be easy.

Personally I'm glad she's here. She seems genuinely nice.

Me too I think

Doctor Dre
    How do you market a webmaster program in this business ?

Links on ressource pages
    Banner spots on message board
    Booths / Party sponsorship at conventions
    Signatures

When you read / post on gfy, if you see 500 tcg banners in a single day ... when you will think about wich one is the next program you'll try, tcg will probably be in your head as one of the different solutions.

Teaser
    I honestly think that posting is important, but I think revelance is also important. People prospective clients view your posts and make assumptions both good and sometimes bad by just what you have written.

Just my 2 cents