Thread: Laptop ??

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar

Laptop ??

Howdy,

I know this is off topic and everyone including myself is getting ready for internext, but if any of you have recently purchased a laptop what do you suggest? I figured this would save me a lot of boring research.

If I can dig enough change out of the couch I may have to go and invest in a new laptop. My current laptop, HP, the screen is flickering and that normally isn't a good sign.

((hugs))
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Jacob,

Im on a HP laptop right now and to be honest, i hate it.

My previous laptop was a sony Vaio and in contrast, i cant say enough good things about that one, in fact, i still use it from time to time for thumbnailing and stuff that doesnt require a lot of typing (the keyboard on it broke).

We're due to buy a couple of new machines at the end of the year and i think we'll be getting Sonys well, i know ill be getting one anyway LOL

Regards,

Lee

Thanks Lee. This HP I have is only like 2 years old and the screen is flickering. I know leaving it in my trunk most of the time probably didn't help, but still! P.O.S. I like Sony, my desktop is Sony, looks like that is the direction I will go in. Thanks for the feed back.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

I love dell laptops, they are solid, stable and can take a beating. Plus dell supports them for years after they stop making them, including providing spare parts and driver / bios updates.

Personally, I don't like sony laptops. They do have a nice monitor but they are usually underpowered and overpriced.

cheers,
    Luke

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    IBM laptops have always been highly regarded. Considered to be on par with Apple PowerBooks.

They may be under the IBM/Lenovo brand name now, though. But they're still out there. Dell would be my second choice.

Thank you all for the help.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Xstr8guy
    I bought a Sony Laptop (PCG-GRV680) a couple of years ago. It was near top-of-the-line. But what an absolute piece of shit! It chronically overheats all of the time and has become dog-shit slow. Also, the battery lasts for about 10 minutes. Stay away from Sony if they haven't fixed this horrible problem.

GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Im on a HP Compaq nx9110

Screen is crap. I spent 2 hours on a stupid blog design only to find out my pale vanilla background was baby diahrea vanilla yellow and the sage green was like that green colored catchup they give at McDonalds. :uhoh:

I think the new Sony laptops at the store I saw have an amazing screen but you pay for the name with them.

Mine also overheats and it's a bit sluggish even though it has a 3Ghz CPU and 2GB of ram

So do your research.

Also wide screen laptops tend to make you think you're drawing circles in photoshop when in reality you're drawing ovals :uhoh:

But they are nice and spacey.
    Keep screen resolution in mind. This one doesn't go above 1280 wide x 800tall and it's not really cool to scroll up and down on things in photoshop and such

AusCoding Allan
    I've had my new Sony Vaio for around 8 weeks now and so far it's been fantastic. The battery life is poor but you expect that when you buy a laptop with a 17" widescreen.

It has heaps of grunt with a decent size hdd and reasonable RAM also an independent 256MB video card (i don't think this is available with dell models).

Ultimately you'll never get performance as good as a desktop but the better models certainly come close.

My 2nd choice would be a toshiba satellite - they go and go and go.

Cheers,

Allan

Whats the battery life like? I have a dell inspiron 510m with a Centrino 2.0 processor and a 15" screen and I get between 4.5-5 hours on one battery, plus I have a second battery that slots into the media bay and a replacement battery too, I can go for about 15 hours on pure battery power.

cheers,
    Luke

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    I love my dell! I have had it for two years now and it can take alot.
    dell support is awesome if you ever need them.

AusCoding Allan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    Whats the battery life like? I have a dell inspiron 510m with a Centrino 2.0 processor and a 15" screen and I get between 4.5-5 hours on one battery, plus I have a second battery that slots into the media bay and a replacement battery too, I can go for about 15 hours on pure battery power.

cheers,
    Luke
    Battery Life as I said is poor. I normally get two hours depending on screen brightness. I'm running a Pentium M 2.13GHz with 1GB RAM.

Cheers,

Allan

Siafu

iBook

Mac works for me. Have a relatively inexpensive iBook because I need a portable computer that can handle the harshness of shifting locations all the time. Have Virtual PC for those Windows only tasks. PowerBooks and now MacBook Pros are great but not as tough physically in addition to attracting more attention (not necessarily a bad thing) and I think the extra attention can create a reason for them to sprout legs and walk away more so than an iBook.

curiousbunny
    I got my new dell laptop in the mail last friday and I love it! Its an Inspirion 710m. Its very compact and light. I got it with a dvd burnder, 1gb of ram, has an integrated SD card reader, wireless, the works!!! Strongly recommend dell.