Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to interpret these stats?

dalimili

how to interpret these stats?

I am trying to upsell some sponsor lately and I since I don't believe their stats I started using my own stats technique, so that I can see where do surfers go after they are on the join pages ... so these are the stats for last 14 hours:

6874 views of gallery
    1452 views of tour

and 98 clicks to join page on my affiliate site and only 1 signup.

Now I'm wondering, why did 97 others clicked the join text, when only 1 signed up? I'm trying to make most of my stats for future promotions...

To be sure those are not blind tour clicks where surfer thinks he'll see a picture when he clicks on it, but is taken to join page, I've made a tour totally free of links, but only with text links that say "click here to join us for $ XX,XX"

dude, if this is accurate:

6874 views of gallery
    1452 views of tour

you are doing well! most galleries send between 2.5% - 10% to the tour.

you will always see a fair amount of guys at the join page who don't join. if you want to close them better, change the text on your site - or change your join page. a friend of mine tweaked his join page till he had more than 25% more sales - and the only thing he touched was the join page. it really makes a difference.

dalimili
    Yes I also think the number of those that go to tour is high enough, but I'm wondering, why do they click on join us now link if they don't actually join? I'm just trying to figure out reasons why only 1 of 98 actually became member...

As I said my tour is straightforward and has no blinding pic links that would increase number of clicks to join pages, and it pretty much explains how much it costs and what they get... I really don't know how to change tour more... I'm almost certain there's something on my sponsor join page that gets them either distracted or they just give up...

Post a link to the join page and maybe some of us can look at it and give you some suggestions or feedback on what we see when we get to it.

dalimili
    Well it's actually

http://www.mancheck.com/join/index.cfm?account=xxxx (xxx- my affiliate number)

It's very straightforward join page... so I'm puzzled why they would click on "JOIN us now for 29,95$" when they don't intend to...

Just wondering of the reasons

i could be mistaken, but i believe that http://www.mancheck.com/join/index.cfm?account=xxxx IS the join page, not the next page in with the price.

dalimili
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i could be mistaken, but i believe that http://www.mancheck.com/join/index.cfm?account=xxxx IS the join page, not the next page in with the price.
    Sorry, I don't understand exactly....

this is the join page...

this is where i sent 98 users from MY OWN MC TOUR ... and only 1 signed up, the prices are also explained on my tour

I'm just trying to figure out where did those 97 got lost or why they decided not to join after clicking link on the tour that says exactly "Click here to join for $ 29,95 for 2 years"

maybe they didn't like the join page - it's often that simple. or maybe the join page doesn't work for your niche.

dalimili
    Yeah, it quite possibly could be one of those things

It's also possible that those that click to join - discover they already have a membership/pass to mancheck? Is that mentioned prior to them getting to the join in your tour?

dalimili
    Ofcourse,

not only on the tour, but also on the gallery pages. And it's not only mentioned in one sentence, but there are big large banners flashing....)

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    It's also possible that those that click to join - discover they already have a membership/pass to mancheck? Is that mentioned prior to them getting to the join in your tour?
    That's probably it... lot's of non-comprehending or non-english reading Mancheck members are mistakenly clicking the join link.

If you are not sending any of your own traffic to the gallery then 100% of the traffic is coming from the Mancheck link list. I imagine that 90% of those surfing the Mancheck link list already have memberships.

dalimili
    This was a tgp gallery, so I doubt the reason was that....

Dzinerbear
    dalimili,

Ah, the $24,000 question. And if we knew the answer wouldn't we all be rich. However, here are some thoughts.

A lot of surfers are clicking "join" links to see what it is that they might be joining. Even if you prep them that they'll be joining MANcheck, a lot of surfers don't know what a MANcheck is. So I imagine a lot of surfers are gathering information.

I found that MANcheck's join page wasn't great for my bear site because a surfer would come from seeing lots of hairy men and get hit with a young, smooth guy. So on my site I created a preliminary join page where I told the surfers my site was affiliated with MANcheck. Then I did a hard sell telling them that MANcheck wasn't just twinks and I pasted results from MANcheck's search engine. So I told the surfer "there are over 2,400 bear sites at MANcheck." And then I also pasted buttons and images from the video clips and feeds that MANcheck has that would appeal to bears. This helped enormously and wholly one-third of my joins are through this page.

There could be problems with our join page itself. About a couple of weeks ago we started looking at how we could simplify it and make it more appealing. I asked for advice here and got some good pointers. So we'll be revamping it shortly.

Also, I tried TGPs, and in spite of all of basschick's wisdom and advice, I couldn't convert for MANcheck. I tried a test one day and put up the same gallery of pics that I had used before and promoted a bear paysite and I got seven sales in two days. So your experience seems to bear out the same idea - for whatever reason, TGP traffic doesn't seem too interested in a MANcheck membership. I don't know why. It's just that way.

I think there's so much free stuff available with TGPs that a TGP surfer isn't really lured by the thought of accessing 31,000 galleries at MANcheck - so what, they can get thousands of free galleries on TGPs. But if you lure them with one really hot guy and they need to see more of him, that's the ticket.

You might want to do a search here for posts made by basschick that contain the word TGP, she's given some fabulous advice in the past and it may help you.

Finally, MANcheck's been around for a long time - since 1997. So, for a lot of surfers, it's old hat. It's a package they've seen before or like others have said, maybe they already have a membership.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. However, I'm heading to Internext, so I won't be around until Tuesday.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

dalimili - a lot of people i know only have paysites because avs join pages didn't convert their sites. and the paysites DO convert, btw.

also i had very little luck when i tried mancheck. they have a great program, and also a really good site list, but i have done better with other avs's - and even better with our own paysite join page - even when the tour is the same.

a bad join page can really hurt your sales, even when the company means well.