Thread: It's almost as if everyone has forgotten!

Slade

It's almost as if everyone has forgotten!

Haven't really heard a PEEP out of anyone on here lately, or GFY or other boards about the new 2257 regs..ESPECIALLY the fact that the hearing on the injunction motion by the FSC is the DAY AFTER TOMORROW..FRIDAY!

DENVER - The Free Speech Coalition has brokered a deal with the U.S. government that precludes enforcement of the recently revised regulations pertaining to 18 U.S.C. §2257 against its members until a federal district court rules on the FSC’s request for a preliminary injunction.

An injunction hearing is scheduled for August 8 and August 9, and the deal applies only to those who are members of the FSC by 2 p.m. Pacific time on June 25.

--------

It's been interesting how everyone was panic ridden just before 6/23/05, and now, everyone seems so calm..or so "oh, I forgot" .

As a side note, I still haven't gotten any snail mail with my "membership" from the FSC or even any recent email.

Slade
    Maybe THIS is why:

“This is a set of complex constitutional issues, and we really don’t anticipate a decision [by the court] sooner than 30 days after the hearing,” Cambria says. “We don’t know exactly how long it will take; it could take much longer. I would not be surprised if it took several months because of the complicated nature of the issues involved.”

Meanwhile, nonFSC members may still be inspected and prosecuted."

http://freespeechcoalition.com/news_events_2.htm
    -------------------------------------------

Umm..did everyone notice the LAST sentence?

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

I DID suggest a 2257 forum a long time ago but...

Everyone seemed to think that a Legal forum would be better...I thought so too BUT still no forum as appeared. I guess that legal stuff just isn't fun enough to talk about BUT just wait until we need to have that info again. I THINK it would be better to prepare for it rather than react to it once we are forced to do so...

Just MY 2 cents...

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Actually, the hearing was yesterday (Tuesday). AVN has been doing a good job of reporting it.

there are threads on gfy. you must have missed 'em.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz
    Actually, the hearing was yesterday (Tuesday). AVN has been doing a good job of reporting it.

No kidding..guess I shouldn't read freespeechcoalitions website info then as they are not posting that info..or I missed it somewhere.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    there are threads on gfy. you must have missed 'em.
    There are multi threads on "I just took a dump" on gfy, and I miss most of them too.

What I meant was that this time around, there is no huge uproar like in mid June on the boards.

In a nutshell... shortly after June 23, the court changed the dates of the injunction hearing from August 8/9 to August 1/2, but since both sides had been conducting depositions of each other and filing interrogatories in the meantime the two sides agreed that they would only need 1 day to argue before the judge, and that was yesterday. AVN.COM filed a report yesterday, and another today. Both AVN and XBIZ reported on the depositions and the interrogatories as they happened. Like you, I wish that FSC used their website to share breaking news, but at least AVN and XBIZ have been on top of things.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz
    In a nutshell... shortly after June 23, the court changed the dates of the injunction hearing from August 8/9 to August 1/2, but since both sides had been conducting depositions of each other and filing interrogatories in the meantime the two sides agreed that they would only need 1 day to argue before the judge, and that was yesterday. AVN.COM filed a report yesterday, and another today. Both AVN and XBIZ reported on the depositions and the interrogatories as they happened. Like you, I wish that FSC used their website to share breaking news, but at least AVN and XBIZ have been on top of things.

Yes..AVN has been very good in reporting info (just read their big article). I was greatly encouraged by the "summary" of the events so far by the attornies:

"The hearing today went as well or better than we expected," stated Jeffrey Douglas at the conclusion of the day's proceedings. "The issues that we needed to argue before the court were laid out persuasively and passionately. We went into the hearing optimistic that secondary producer requirements, unlawful as they are, would be enjoined, and nothing that occurred in the hearing lessens our optimism. We felt that we had a substantial but smaller chance of having the entire regulatory scheme enjoined. Courts always want to be as conservative as possible when it comes to enjoining a federal regulation, and the judge engaged in appropriate inquiry with our attorneys as to whether or not injunction of the entire scheme were required. We continue to be hopeful that we'll prevail in obtaining an injunction to the entirety of the regulations, and we await the judge's ruling with anticipation."

Slade
    Sounds like the judge has really been giving the DOJ attornies a real grilling getting them to admit on more than one occasion that many of their regs just CANNOT be enforced!

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    There are multi threads on "I just took a dump" on gfy, and I miss most of them too.
    you know that's the exact reason I don't go there that often :wacko:

thanks for the updates on 2257, its good to hear things are still progressing.

cheers,
    Luke

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    not a peep from me!

sincerely ..."this is a matter for lawyers and courts"...

p.s ~ although my "faith?" in "the system?" has remained "unwaivering?" in the event things should go unexpectedly south i will go north , i hear parts of north polar regions are uncharted , besides this would be a perfect place to construct my palace of ice..."icehunks.com...cum feel the freeze!"... :goof:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Welcome to the adult industry

You'll start noticing after several of these 'the sky is falling' episodes that webmasters in general, really dont think any further ahead than next week.

Its unfortunate but true, many in the industry are really only doing this as a 'hobby' to get 'beer money'

Regards,

Lee