Thread: portfolio update and i want to do a gay site !!

SeXXXydesign

portfolio update and i want to do a gay site !!

I just updated my small portfolio with 2 customer's sites for you to see.. any feedback is greatly apreciated.. and also im looking forward to do some gay paysite !!.. anybody in the need of one designed? hit me up in icq.. i'll give you a very good deal !!.. Lee.. i saw your post some time ago on gfy that you needed one.. after your thing with Blue.. what happened with that?

ICQ 322-815-380

CLICK FOR PORTFOLIO UPDATE

SeXXXydesign
    Hello.......?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone home????

(Floyd version of BUMP)

well, there are 32 views of this thread. one is you, one is me - so people have seen this thread. it's just that guys who have never worked on gay before generally do dreadful gay sites.

Xstr8guy
    I think your designs look great! The flash on this page looks amazing. As far as straight designers doing gay sites... as long as you work with the webmaster and have him/her provide the text, you should have no problems. Btw, do you do the designs for PrideAccess? They have a similar look and feel.

You may want to tell your client that the members area of AsianZero.com is unprotected. I typed in the domain name and got a directory with the members area.

SeXXXydesign
    basschick, we'v done some gay sites that i cannot show as mine couse they where for other companies.. but we'v done them.. im just looking for the first one that i would be able to show as mine.... i mean i have gay content of my own.. and i was about to do a sample site with that.. but i prefeer to do it for someone else so its not wasted design.. Sxtr8guy.. nop.. i havent done anything for prideAccess.. they just work in a similar way i guess.. thanks for the replies.. hehe i feel stupid posting and not getting ANY reply at least someone saying I HATE them..

maybe part of the problem is that a lot of webmasters are at the convention - and it's always quieter here on the weekend...

I think they look excellent, really... very well done. I love the contrast of the colours and the layout.. it's easy on the eye and doesn't distract me with too much stuff.

Doing Gay sites isn't easy, for sure, and you might want to just make one for a mock up to show people what kind of gay site you'd do. There ARE designers who make great straight sites and then make every mistake going when doing a gay site.

But I'd love to see what kind of gay site you'd do.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Xstr8guy
    If you would like to do a sample site to show off your abilities. I could send you some images. And when your done, I could take the design off your hands.

Some obvious tips for ya...

Don't use the word fag or any other derogatory terms in your graphic text.

Don't use smooth young guys on a bear site. Conversely, don't use older hairy guys on a twink site

Look at any of the big sponsor programs sites... and do exactly the opposite. Big sponsor programs almost always do gay sites wrong.

Don't design any 'general' sites. They don't really work in the gay market. Study some of the niches so you can better understand the market. Check out http://www.gayisnotaniche.com/ for a couple of great articles about the gay market.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You might also like to have a read of this article i just wrote..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=11515

You should be able to find a couple of good pointers in there to help you get some new clients

Regards,

Lee

SeXXXydesign
    I dont think I'll have a lot of problems with it.. my business partner and one of our designers(chapecito basschick.. u know him :thumbsup is gay

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

The straight stuff you have looks amazing, and so long as you dont' sink to the level of some of the straight companies trying for the pink buck.. you should do great.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.