Thread: Should I go see Dukes of Hazzard?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Should I go see Dukes of Hazzard?

Okay, I'm torn between avoiding this movie at all costs because Jessica Simpson wouldn't dye her hair brown. I'm sorry, the brilliance of Daisy Duke was that she was a smart cookie in the body of a beautiful girl. I can't see Jessica doing anything other than that vapid eyed airheadedness that made her famous, and playing Daisy Duke as a dumb blonde just pisses me off.

On the other hand, Johnny Knoxville makes me wet. So I just might have to sit through whatever dreck this is to watch him and Sean William Scott (who dated a friend of mine just after the first American Pie came out) trade incestuous homoerotic glances and (hopefully) buttslaps. Oh, come on. Don't tell me I'm the only one who ever watched the original for this very reason???
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I used to wank off thinking of Tom Wopat on a nightly basis.

is there a "TMI" smiley?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

SLS
    Just go rent Dude, Where's My Car? And the latest John Waters flick has Johnny Knoxville in it, grab that too.

I'd say Dukes is definately going to be a good rental, but I don't wanna shell out the $30 to go see it in the theater with someone. For $30, i'd wanna see Johnny and Sean go at it.

BTW, I think Jessica was a great choice, and from the clips i've seen, she really CAN act...like something besides a ditzy blonde.

Matt D
    This looks like a "wait for rental" movie to me, because Knoxville and Stiffler are nowhere near as hot as Wopat and Superman's Dad.

The beauty of the original series is that it's unintentionally homoerotic. They must've given John Schneider an epidural so he couldn't feel how tight his pants were. You could clearly see the outline of his balls in every episode. His pants were so tight he almost looked naked!

I was in second grade when this show was in its first run and used to watch it religiously. I even had the Bo and Luke Duke action figures. Needless to say, the Duke boys were kissin' cousins when I'd play with them.

Check out the reviews at www.rottentomatoes.com. The movie gets only an 18 rating out of 100. Better to wait for it to come out on PPV in my humble opinion.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt D
    They must've given John Schneider an epidural so he couldn't feel how tight his pants were. You could clearly see the outline of his balls in every episode. His pants were so tight he almost looked naked!
    WAHAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

So was Sean dating a female friend of your's Don or was he dating a guy?

Xstr8guy
    OH MY GOD! Sean William Scott went to my highschool! Of course it was 14 years later than me (I graduated in '82).

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/page...tt/index.shtml
    Name : Seann William Scott

Birth date : July 12, 1977

Birth place : Cottage Grove, Minnesota, USA

Height : 6'

Education : Park High School in Cottage Grove, MN. (graduated in 1996)

Profession : Actor