Thread: The American Taliban

dannyz

The American Taliban

I just read through the 'Moving out of the US' thread and thought this might be a good follow up:

http://reandev.com/taliban/

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for ruining a perfectly good Sunday!

Every quote on that page makes my skin crawl. Who are the evil ones? I think that list of wackos is a good place to start.

dannyz
    LOL, sorry about that xstr8 guy, hope you can recover your Sunday! It is sick and scary though isn't it? Just how many of these wackos exist in the US is even more scary... :wacko:

SLS
    I hate to say it guys, but reading all these quotes makes my brain go "die old men, die"

Sure there are plenty of crazies in my generation and younger, but they are usually decent about not trying to impose their crazy on everyone else.

Well being ever the optimist their one comment in there that was true.

"If you commit a crime, you're guilty."

Pat Robertson made a comment in their regarding American slavery that was partly inaccurate... yes Arabs were a big part in the slave trade.. and still are.. as is Africa and Asia. To this day tribes in Africa fight and take the children for their armies, and women for their slaves as well as some men. http://www.antislavery.org/archive/...2004-Darfur.htm

If you think modern day slavery doesn't exist it does http://www.antislavery.org/

It's important to remember the history of slavery has been a global issue for centuries.... not just an American thing! Portugal was the first to open the slave trade to the Americas, then the Dutch took over and opened a port to America in Africa itself. It's important to remember that most slaves were traded by the tribe leaders in return for goods they wanted.

700: Zanzibar becomes the main Arab slave trading post in Africa

1325: Mansa Musa, the king of Mali, makes his pilgrimage to Mecca carrying 500 slaves and 100 camels

1444: the first public sale of African slaves by Europeans takes place at Lagos, Portugal

1482: Portugal founds the first European trading post in Africa (Elmira, Gold Coast)

1500-1600: Portugal enjoys a virtual monopoly in the slave trade to the Americas

1528: the Spanish government issues "asientos" (contracts) to private companies for the trade of African slaves

1619: the Dutch begin the slave trade between Africa and America

1637: Holland captures Portugal's main trading post in Africa, Elmira

1650: Holland becomes the dominant slave trading country

1700: Britain becomes the dominant slave trading country

1789: the English Privy Council concludes that almost 50% of the slaves exported from Africa die before reaching the Americas

1790: at the height of the British slave trade, one slave vessel leaves England for Africa every other day

1807: Britain outlaws slavery

1848: France abolishes slavery

1851: The population of the USA is 20,067,720 free persons and 2,077,034 slaves

1865: the Union defeats the Confederates and slavery is abolished in the USA

Soonnow
    "When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data"
    :uhoh:

- Are these people even allowed to vote - or drive ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonnow
    "When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data"
    :uhoh:

- Are these people even allowed to vote - or drive ?!?
    Of course they are allowed to drive and vote for God is on their side and Jesus has suffered for their sins and spilled the blood of the lamb blah blah blah blah blah blah

You know.. the Indians weren't Christian & look what they did to them! :4ymca: