Thread: Toy Affiliate Program... Any Interest?

lottatoys

Toy Affiliate Program... Any Interest?

The thread on a toy review site got me thinking about other aspects of selling toys online..

So I thought I would float an idea.. and get some feedback..
    or get slapped back to Monday..

We have a domain we were thinking of making into an affiliate driven gay toy site. So I thought I would ask..

Do you think there is interest in an (another) affiliate program, focused on gay sex toys?
    Would you participate?
    What is a 'realistic' commission you would like to get paid..?
    (balancing sales conversion, the retail price and the payout.. )

I would be interested in talking program features with anyone who is interested..

thx
    Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Steve,

There is definately room for a GOOD toystore in the gay marketplace, im the first to admit that our own http://www.gayadultshopping.com needs a major overhaul and its not going to happen anytime soon

So yes, id say there was a demand for a gay toy store that was PURELY gay market orientated, by that i mean, no chicks, no chicks toys being passed off as 'gay' etc etc

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Steve, you do have a very nice looking store but the product mix is geared too much towards the novelty end of the spectrum.

What I would like to see is a site that is more fetish oriented with less blister-packed items. Too many of the products look like they would appeal to women more than men. I would be happier with a product mix that looks like what you would find at your local leather shop and not a XXX megaplex.

I'm not suggesting that you should change your site around to suit my needs, . But I would like to see a really nasty fetish store with an affiliate program.

Dzinerbear
    Jim, have you checked out http://www.extremerestraints.com? UB has a branded store with them.

Steve, I echo the others. I haven't actually had great success marketing Extreme Restraints, which doesn't mean I wouldn't try another line of products. Maybe ER are too SM for my traffic. But the biggest trouble I have in finding something that doesn't look like they just threw together a "gay" tour to appease the webmasters.

If you've got something thoughtful, I'll try promoting it.

dzinerbear

lottatoys
    Currently we carry the "major, mainstream" brands, cal-exotics, doc johnson, topco, etc.. for ease of access and distribution. With some specialty stuff in limited quantities.. The manufacturers are slowing getting better, but much of the packaging/product imagery still has the barbie model.

We want to avoid the "becoming our own warehouse" aspect of retail, since we are internet only, and there are thousands of items.. And being based in Texas, there are state regs to contend with. :wacko:

Regarding aspects of a truely "gay only" store (product offering, categories, etc)..Feel free to email me with your ideas, I would be happy to refine the concept.. When it all works out.. I will send tokens of appreciation to all that contributed :groovy:
    steve

desslock
    wow

another GWW member from Austin named Steve!

Yowza!