Thread: 200,000 Pinoys on cybersex list

Top Cat

200,000 Pinoys on cybersex list

Discuss amongst yourselves:

200,000 Pinoys on cybersex list, says solon

First posted 05:26am (Mla time) Aug 08, 2005
    Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A5 of the Aug. 8, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THOUSANDS of Filipinos -- women, men and possibly even children -- have been lured by cybersex operators based on the registry of one popular website peddling sexual activities via the Internet, according to a lawmaker.

Lone Catanduanes Representative Joseph Santiago (NPC) revealed that the website www.adultfriendfinder.com had claimed to own a list of 212,257 potential online sexual partners from the Philippines.

The website claims to be "the world's largest sex and swinger personals site, where real people meet online for casual sex." It claims to have a list of over 19.6 million active members worldwide, 48,000 of whom are online at any given time.

"Based on this website alone, assuming the figures are truthful, the Philippines now has the world's 15th largest list of possible sexual partners over the Internet," said Santiago, a former chief of the National Telecommunications Commission.

"We find this surprising considering that outside the office, very few
    Filipinos have ready access to personal computers with an Internet connection," Santiago pointed out.

"This only suggests that a number of Internet shops may be fronting for cybersex operations, and/or that there are many gangs here running clandestine cybersex dens," Santiago added.

Read more:

http://news.inq7.net/nation/index.ph...story_id=46198

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    LOL Isnt AFF fairly well known for err.. 'inflating' their personals figures?

I seem to recall there was an issue about that a year or two back.

Id put the whole thing down to a marketing campaign myself, much like how many of the PPS programs bill their sites as having 'millions of pics' when in reality they have about 10 LOL

Regards,

Lee

Top Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    LOL Isnt AFF fairly well known for err.. 'inflating' their personals figures?

I seem to recall there was an issue about that a year or two back.

Id put the whole thing down to a marketing campaign myself, much like how many of the PPS programs bill their sites as having 'millions of pics' when in reality they have about 10 LOL

Regards,

Lee
    In fact I work for AFF by day and we do not inflate our member figures. The reporter confused "listings" with members. When members review listings they are categorized as "Men seeking Men," "Men seeking Women," "Couples seeking Women," etc. Members often identify they are interested in more than one category, hence the high number of listings vs. number of members.

We regularly purge inactive members from our system.

I would have been happy to explain that to them, along with responding to their truly insane charges, if the reporter had called. As you can imagine, I never had that opportunity.