Thread: Gayrated.com is worthless

Xstr8guy

Gayrated.com is worthless

WTF is wrong with this company?! The counters have been down for 2 weeks and nothing is being done to remedy the situation. MWCren seems to be the only person that can communicate with them... Ren, would you do the honors again? Lol.

The past 2 months have been painful... more downtime then up. And because the counters don't load, my galleries with the counter on them hang up... I'm talking hundreds of galleries here! Fix it or fuck off!

And while I'm at it... why don't they put some text links to the category pages? It sure would be nice if they shared some of the google PR that they are taking. Or better yet, just give the whole thing to me

Sent another "reminder" about the counters.

Hopefully someone can do a little work on them and get them back online. Seems to be the image server that is the problem this time. Stats are available, but they all show "0".

Its the only service I've found that gives you a single page to view all your counter stats from, and one of the few that actually sends traffic back. Outster is more reliable, but the return traffic is minimal.

Its a free service, so I can't bitch too much. However, it is frustrating that it is not very reliable.

I had a thought..... scary, I know.

Would it be worth a flat rate per month to have a webmaster account with gayrated? I'm talking $7.95 or something minimal. I think if there was some revenue coming in, other than the links to gaymen.com to pay for the service, it might be an incentive to keep the service up and running.

I have no idea how something like that could be implemented, or if its even feasible. I think I would be willing to pay for it, if it meant that the service was more reliable. It would allow a better review of the sites and their categories, and definitely cut down on the number of sites that abuse it.

Xstr8guy
    Hmmm, a free counter that you pay for? Sounds crazy enough to maybe work.

I do love the stats that gayrated.com provides. That's why I still use them and get so mad when they don't work. I would be willing to pay for the service if infact they did send return traffic. They used to send a few clicks a day, but recently I haven't seen them in my stats at all... and I have quite a few high rated sites listed.

Don't you think it would be nice if they made the site a little more SE friendly. If I'm not mistaken, the only page that has any google PR is http://www.gayrated.com/. I attribute that to not having text links to the categories. Seriously, they should sell gayrated to someone who could do something with it.

Lee? How about adding this to your portfolio?

Xstr8guy
    Either my tirade or MWCren's email had some effect, cuz the counters are working again. :devil: