Thread: What CMS should i use??

Buzzword

What CMS should i use??

Hey everyone i'm kinda a newbie, i know enough to get me in trouble. I'm changing my website to a paysite and i was wanting to use a CMS so that if users wanted to get access they pay a small fee and then get a login and they can go around the site, if they dont wantr to pay they can still see some things just not as much as registered users. I'm using cgpnuke AKA a souped up version of phpnuke but its being kinda difficult, any ideas to help me out? or shopuld i go a different route completly? Also i would like the cms to be free or very cheap as i'm just getting started and i'm broke . Any help is greatly apreciated.
    :goofy:
    Danny

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You can accomplish the paysite aspect of what you're seeking by simply making a directory (call it "members" for this example) and then creating an .htaccess file that protects the members directory and all directories below it. If you use ccbill or epoch or one of the other IPSPs to manage your membership, they will help you through that, and it won't cost you anything (other than the % that the IPSPs take of the income)

Non-members can still access any content you place outside of the members directory.

The CMS is really a different animal that allows you to update and manage content. That's something you may need down the road if you end up having a lot of content to manage.

Buzzword

Heres A Thought

Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    You can accomplish the paysite aspect of what you're seeking by simply making a directory (call it "members" for this example) and then creating an .htaccess file that protects the members directory and all directories below it. If you use ccbill or epoch or one of the other IPSPs to manage your membership, they will help you through that, and it won't cost you anything (other than the % that the IPSPs take of the income)

Non-members can still access any content you place outside of the members directory.

The CMS is really a different animal that allows you to update and manage content. That's something you may need down the road if you end up having a lot of content to manage.

so i would have to creat a login page for the users, correct? just a form or is there a specific thing i need?

or ... could i put the cms under the members dir and not use the users feature of it and just use that to display the members content only?? i would just use the login for the login page i create...

i'm used to the cms is why i would like to keep it in the mix, it makes uploading the content really easy.

Thanks man, Danny