Thread: Free Flash editor?

SLS

Free Flash editor?

Does anyone know of a good freeware or shareware flash (swf) editor? I need to be able to design small flash projects, not large scale enough to be worth investing in the whole commercial package.

First off, I just need to mention that you cannot edit a .swf file, you can only edit the raw file which is a .fla extension format.

You can try here for a list of freeware and shareware programs that deal with all sorts of flash situations:

Flash Freeware List

You can also take a look at getting a membership at AnfyFlash They have quite a few online effects that are pretty much a click and create scenario, and it's easy to upload any content or specific fonts you'd like to use in them to your working folder.

You can also look at getting the actual Macromedia Flash program through Ebay for a lot less money than most retail outlets sell it for, especially if you, or someone you know, has a student ID and can latch onto the Student Editions... they're the same as the regular edition, just sell for a lot less money.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS
    Does anyone know of a good freeware or shareware flash (swf) editor? I need to be able to design small flash projects, not large scale enough to be worth investing in the whole commercial package.
    Swish was free, and was the best replacement. They no longer offer trials or demos. (If you can find an old copy, I recommend you grab it as it was the best and easiest program for creating/editing flash animation.)

You may want to look at the following:
    - LiveSwif Lite 2
    - MyFlashXML 1.1 (Flash site tool)
    - Total Menu 1.0 (Flash menu tool)

Sorry, but that is all I can offer.

SLS
    Thanks you two! I DO want a membership to Anfy, I've loved all the effects since the first java release there.

I looked at the list, and at Swish, it's probably what i'll go with until I can get on Ebay and order the Macromedia pack.

I found a copy of the free version of swish hidden in a download folder. If you can send me a PM, maybe we can figure out a way to get it to you.

SLS
    I already dug until i found it but thanks a lot mwc, i really appreciate you looking for me Have you tried it out?

Oh god no. I am deathly afraid of "tweens". I have a friend that does flash stuff, if I find the need for it.

In fact, I think he was the one that made me download swish, and then tried teaching me in flash 5 and I ran screaming from the room.

For me, swf means Satan's Worst Filetype

SLS
    It's actually kinda fun. HERE is the first thing I've done in flash in about 5 years. It's really simple, but it took about an hour to put together (that includes rounding up the dozens of pics though too.) What do you think? I even exported it as a screensaver, complete with hyperlinks to the site.