Thread: Content Management/Members Management software?

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar

Content Management/Members Management software?

ok, this is probably a stupid question, but a content management software program is the same as a member's area management system? am i correct?

i started doing some research on a content management system and found a lot that were for TGPs and MGPs. some were even for tour page management.

can anyone help me sort through all of this? i'm looking for a program to manage a member's area.

thanks
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

dannyz
    Hey Hagan,

Great to see you posting on here!

Yes, you are correct, a CMS is designed to manage your content, specifically for paysite member areas although a good program should be able to help you manage your galleries and your tour as well.

We've tried both Content God and Site Depth for converting our paysites but unfortunately have been unsuccessful with both at converting them to a CMS. This is partially because we have such a huge amount of content on the sites I'm not sure if these programs (especially Content God) can even handle it, and even if we do figure it out it's just such a huge undertaking. Wish a program would come out that would make it easier. I do think you would have a much easier time if you built your paysite from scratch with the CMS, rather then trying to switch a huge paysite to a CMS later on.

That's our experience anyway...which hasn't been good...but hopefully some people here can give you more positive feedback on Content Management Systems.

mansion production's mas is pretty good, and very robust.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    mansion production's mas is pretty good, and very robust.

I REALLY like their system too.. but so damn expensive! Plus it doesn't allow for a user specified update experience.

Didn't we have this discussion a while back and come up with a list of really good CMS programs? I thought we did.

yes, we did, but you can't look up CMS in search because it's only three letters.

btw, you can use updatem with mas in order to have user-specific update.

yes, we did, but you can't look up CMS in search because it's only three letters.

btw, you can use updatem with mas in order to have user-specific update.

Really? Sweet! updatem site is still down. Looking at mansion again now. Great people working there as well.

Basschick do you know if MAS has static URLs for SEO purposes or if it's all generated on the fly?

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Basschick do you know if MAS has static URLs for SEO purposes or if it's all generated on the fly?
    Thanks for the good feedback guys. If any of you have questions, be sure to contact us directly as well. oystein at mansionproductions dottt com

To answer your question, MAS is all static - nothing is generated on the fly.

:thumbsup:

Oystein
    The Creator Of THE STANDARD in Affiliate Management and Tracking Software - MPA3® Standard $99/Monthly!!!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yes you can

I changed the minimum limit to 2 letters which allows for search terms such as AEN / AVS / CMS / MAS etc etc when the community upgrade happened

It should also be the same on all of our community properties :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Yes you can

I changed the minimum limit to 2 letters which allows for search terms such as AEN / AVS / CMS / MAS etc etc when the community upgrade happened

It should also be the same on all of our community properties :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee
    Perfect! I have had that issue with other boards for my MPA products and MAS forever. Good news for me :thumbsup:

PS. MPA, MAS, CSS and STS - we love the 3 letter abbreviations! :nerd:
    The Creator Of THE STANDARD in Affiliate Management and Tracking Software - MPA3® Standard $99/Monthly!!!

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I REALLY like their system too.. but so damn expensive! Plus it doesn't allow for a user specified update experience.

Didn't we have this discussion a while back and come up with a list of really good CMS programs? I thought we did.

yes, we had talked about this before, but i don't think we ever came up with a list of good CMS programs.

i think cost is also an issue for me. for small webmasters, we can't afford $3000 or $4000+ that some of the larger programs are asking for.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Found this site today, so thought I'd share ... Open Source CMS They're showing opensource cms programs that I hadn't found previously, so now I have more goodies to check out! Use the CMS Ratings Link to see them laid out on one page, or you can view each one independently.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    After looking at all the off-the-shelf CMS apps we could find, and finding nothing that met the particular needs we were after (which includes not only CMS but some user-experience customization we want to offer our members) we decided to take the plunge and design our own CMS.

Depending on it turns out, we may offer it for sale... our programmer is designing it to be reasonably flexible, but it will probalby be somewhat customized to our specific needs. If you haven't found anything you like in a month or two, hit me up.