Thread: Habla Espanol?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Habla Espanol?

I started learning Spanish a couple of days ago and i have to say, im pretty amazed at how easy this is.

I thought it was going to be much harder for me to learn based on past experiences with learning a new language but so far, im two out of 10 lessons in and can just about carry out a basic conversation with someone telling them that i dont understand Spanish or i speak 'um poco' (a little) Spanish hehehe.

Have any of you folks ever tried learning a new language after you left high school or college? If so, how did you find your experience?

After Spanish, im going to try my hand at Russian and then probably Chinese or Japanese

Regards,

Lee

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    Lee,

I just bought a new house in Mexico(Merida,Yucatan) and they only speak spanish where I am moving so I am learning spanish too! I find it pretty easy to pick up.

All the people in the town are very helpful and want you to learn spanish so that helps!

I am so excited to move out of the US!!

WOOF!
    Buck

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Awesome stuff Buck :thumbsup:

Looks like we'll all be heading to Mexico next year to stay with you

Regards,

Lee

SeXXXydesign
    lee.. cuando quieras practicar tu espaņol dimelo !! Con gusto te ayudo..
    (Lee.. whenever you want to practice your spanish let me know. at least thru here i'll gladly help you)

Takemytaco
    Hey Lee you should know I speak spanish.
    I think better than english.

if you need any help just let me know.

aqui dispuesto a ayudar

Xstr8guy
    What form of spanish ar you learning Lee? I've heard that mexican spanish is very different than european spanish.

Hola mi amigo! I took spanish classes and am trying to learn it too

cheers,
    Luke

desslock
    Lee:

Spanish is lots of fun.... especially considering the very attractive people who speak it. If you really want to help yourself beyond the Spanish 101 lessons, consider these guerilla methods.

You live in Florida, so I'll bet your cable has some kind of local wether channel in Spanish (we have one in Austin on digital cable). Watch that and just follow along. You'll pick up good stuff there. If it goes over your head at first just wait about 5 minutes, they will repeat everything ad infinitum.

Another thing I do is to watch movies on the HBO or Encore cable channels which I have seen a jillion times --- but with the SAP channel turned on. A few months ago, HBO ran Star Wars 2 Attack of the Clones a lot during one month. I'd switch it on there and just leave it on. That was also useful.

Another good thing tha I have found is to watch some novellas on Univision or Telemundo. Of couse I have alterior motives. If you are at a latino club, and you are the only white boy who knows the Talia, Shakira or Paulina Rubio songs, some really cute guys will notice. Also, whenever you end up meeting la familia, novella knowledge is useful.

Steve