Thread: DVD Producers=Secret Cult?

SLS

DVD Producers=Secret Cult?

Boardtracker lists 442 adult webmaster boards, and 0 for adult video/dvd producers. wtf? Why don't professional and amateur producers have any forums? It's making it hard for me to get questions specifically about dvd production answered.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think a lot of video studios tend to not spend a lot of time online. If you think about it, it makes sense... for those of us with websites, online stuff is our lifeblood. For the DVD producers it's an entirely different ballgame... you'd be amazed how much business is still done by fax and phone in that arena. So, from our experience, most of the networking between DVD producers happens in phonecalls and the like rather than online.

We haven't been in the physical product end of the business for an amazing length of time, but DVD production and distribution is a significant portion of our business now, so feel free to PM me with your q's and I'll see if I can help you.

BritishTwinks
    I'm constantly amazed at how hard it is to get dvd producers to see how much extra money they could make if they learnt about the Internet.

They seem to think I'm encouraging them to get into crystal healing or something. "I don't really believe in that web stuff." :wacko:

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS
    Boardtracker lists 442 adult webmaster boards, and 0 for adult video/dvd producers. wtf? Why don't professional and amateur producers have any forums? It's making it hard for me to get questions specifically about dvd production answered.
    SLS....feel free to write or PM anytime. Be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Bill

Doctor Dre
    Most production compagnies that do dvds are dinosaurs ... the bigger ones keep their secret and got high budjet productions ... and the distributors are a pain in the ass to deal with most of the time.

Doctor Dre
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishTwinks
    I'm constantly amazed at how hard it is to get dvd producers to see how much extra money they could make if they learnt about the Internet.

They seem to think I'm encouraging them to get into crystal healing or something. "I don't really believe in that web stuff." :wacko:
    We see more and more web stuff getting published on dvds thought ... look @ lightspeed ...

allboysvideo

We are a production company

We have been producing and distributing DVDs for many years and we just got into the internet side of things a few months ago. We kind of do both right now, we have a DVD producing & distributing side of our business and we have the internet side of your business.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

david@allboysvideo.com

D&E Productions/allboysvideo.com

Don't be silly.. many of us are here.

www.fratmen.com has been the home of the Fratmen line of DVDs for 6 years, and our online version www.fratmen.tv is the online membership site for our fans.

we're here for sure (in fact, I'm a mod here on GWW and participate in a LOT of boards), but most of the questions I get relate to video encoding, affiliate questions and such... seldom about DVD manufacturing.

But ask away.. I'm always happy to help when I can.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Xstr8guy
    Yes Jasun, but there still aren't any Adult DVD Producer forums according to BoardTracker. You'd think there would be at least 1 or 2

It would be great to find a video producer board. Not being a pay site or AVS site owner, GWW is the closest thing I found to a producer board. At least there are a few of us here, though.

SLS
    If one pops up conspiciously close to the posting of this thread, I want free advertising damn it! Thanks so much guys for offering your help, that is awesome, and the main reason I'm not a lurker here like I am on most boards. I'll probably contact you with a few questions.

The stuff I wanted to know was more of "how many of you do this" and "how many of you don't do that" kind of questions that are suited for forums. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the needs of producers during the editing phase, since I'll be trying to offer them an intregal part of that process through my website. It's damn hard, I feel like I'm trying to study something really vague and rare, instead of something so mainstream to the glbt community.