Thread: question for AEN companies...

dalimili

question for AEN companies...

A stupid question that may be, but ....

why none of those AEN companies has monthly rebilling for regular members? For instance, $ 14 a month or $ 19 or whatever....

They all have rebills only for gold or platinum stuff, but when you actually look at it, regular members get also at least some 20-30 new galleries daily, which makes it sort of unfair that they should pay only once for whole year... and ofcourse, there's also rebills in my pocket (or any other webmaster)

Is there an obvious reason for this that I can not see?

Dzinerbear
    When AVS/AEN started, they all offered yearly memberships. Introducing a monthly rebilling membership for regular memberships would probably only serve to confuse a company's brands. As it stands, it's already hard enough to make it clear that a surfer can buy a one-year, two-year, or 30-day premium membership, and what each entails. If we now add a Regular monthly and a Premium monthly ... yuck.

If you have one monthly membership at $19.95 or $29.95 and one at $39.95, which one are people going to buy? More people will buy the Regular membership that doesn't have as many features and they may not retain as long. Introducing such a pricing scheme could very well kill your premium product.

Most AVS/AEN companies have been running for years and have tens upon tens of thousands of members. I'm sure the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it rule" applies. Trying to convert those members to monthly regular memberships would be a public relations nightmare and would probably cost you a lot of members.

Giving memberships access to MANcheck for a whole year keeps them in the loop for a year, and hopefully we'll have several opportunities throughout the year to try and upsell them a premium membership. The yearly membership means that we also keep sending traffic to your sites and you have the ability to sell that traffic something else like memberships to your other sponsors.

A month really isn't a long time. I can't tell you how many times I've bought a membership to a site, used it for a couple of days, and then, all of a sudden I'm getting a notice that the month is up. Where'd the time go? I don't renew because I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of it - I didn't use it. But with a yearly membership, it's there for a long time, so the surfer can come in and out as they feel like it.

I think Adult Check offers three-month memberships. I don't know how that worked out for them. I never hear anyone talk about Adult Check anymore since they banished most of their webmasters to the Hinterland.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Imo, AVS (AEN) sites don't offer enough new content to have regular monthly memberships valued at $20. Sure, 20-50 galleries are added everyday but 99.9% are old recycled content... some pics dating back to the birth of the internet. A surfer can get fresher stuff on a TGP.

It isn't until you add all the bells and whistles of the dozens of leased feeds and plug-ins of the Premium programs that you have something that's worth a monthly recurring fee.