Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little about me

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar

A little about me

Hey everyone,

I've been coming here on and off for the better part of a year now yet I don't know many of you. So, in an attempt to immerse myself into your collective, I am posting a little bit about me:

My name is Gerald Rosendo Brown. Rosendo roughly translates into Rocky from Portuguese slang, so that's how I get my name. It's a spanish name, but with Portuguese roots. I am half-Portuguese and I am of the 1st generation of mmy family born in this country, so I take my right to vote very, VERY seriously. I vote in every election, pre-election, run-off, ballot measure, etc. My citizenship means a lot to me, especially when I see my mom and Tia and grandmother have to go for their greencard renewal every few years and pay insane amounts of money to stay in this country.

When I was 19 I was a model for ckbe, the cologne. I appeared in one print ad during the test market roll out phase in 1996. The ad campaign went a new direction that Spring and the models became the adrogynous male/female types that are associated with the cologne now.

I love cartoons and watch Adult Swim every night on Cartoon Network. So if you are trying to reach me between 11pm and 2am, pst and you don't get a quick response, you know why. I am an avid cominc book fan and I love mexican food. I love mexican food so much, in fact, that I willingly get food posioning every time I order a pollo asado burrito just cuz it tastes soooo gooood! My theory on mexican food is "if you arent puking and shitting fire the next day, it isn't good mexican food!" Thank god I live 10 minutes from Mexico!

I am 30 years old, a Scorpio and have 2 tattoos. One tattoo is of a tribal scorpion on my left arm. it reaches from my shoulder to the tip pf my elbow. The tail wraps around my bicep and tricep. The other tattoo is of a tribal phoenix wrapped in red and yellow flame. It is on my right shoulder and stretches between my inner bicep and tricep.

I also paint and write. I am attaching some of my paintings, becuase I feel that the best way to know me is to look at my artwork.

That's about as much as I can post without starting to write chapters and have a foreward by Lee preceed my post. Enjoy the paintings and let this be a formal "HEY THIS IS ME!" from your ole pal, Rocky!

:-)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Oooh... I like this painting..

Kinda Adam 'n' Eve-ish

Regards,

Lee

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Lee,

That painting is called "For Love and Sin", and yes, it is the genesis story of Adam and Eve from The Bible. There's an asp wrapped around Eve as she is handing the apple to adam. And notice, no belly buttons.

Rocky

SLS
    Your paintings are incredible. I like every one of them that you posted, wish I could see them in more detail. Those are the kind of paintings you can kind of zone out and stare at for hours, and find new things to admire everytime you look at them, which is awesome. You sound really interesting, plus your avatar is really cute...
    I think I have a new GWW crush

Hal

Good Shit

Hey Rocky,

Welcome back. I'm a recent returnee from the humble beginnings of GWW. It's a great community and the best board for gay webmasters. I haven't found one with the range of genuine people, interesting websites, varied interests and information GWW provides. I find it very personal also which is great. So settle on in and feel at home.

I just have to tell you that I love #5, what's the name of that painting? I love all of the ones you displayed for us. What medium are they in, size, etc? And are they for sale?

Hal

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal
    are they for sale?
    If they are, make sure you send Hal your rates for gift wrapping as ill be adding that one i like to this years Christmas list LOL

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Great stuff Rocky it is always good to learn more about the people on here. Your paintings are awesome btw and I would love to have a talent like that.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Quote Originally Posted by SLS
    Your paintings are incredible. I like every one of them that you posted, wish I could see them in more detail. Those are the kind of paintings you can kind of zone out and stare at for hours, and find new things to admire everytime you look at them, which is awesome. You sound really interesting, plus your avatar is really cute...
    I think I have a new GWW crush

hehe.. awww, thanks!

:-P

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    Great stuff Rocky it is always good to learn more about the people on here. Your paintings are awesome btw and I would love to have a talent like that.

Mark
    You know... I'll trade you one for a weekend with JJ.

:-D

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Hal
    Hey Rocky,

Welcome back. I'm a recent returnee from the humble beginnings of GWW. It's a great community and the best board for gay webmasters. I haven't found one with the range of genuine people, interesting websites, varied interests and information GWW provides. I find it very personal also which is great. So settle on in and feel at home.

I just have to tell you that I love #5, what's the name of that painting? I love all of the ones you displayed for us. What medium are they in, size, etc? And are they for sale?

Hal

Hal,

The name of that painting is "Attaining Perfection". It is teh first serious painting that I did with real brushes. I have previous work that I trashed in what I call my "q-tip phase".. which is when I did entire paintings using q-tips instead of brushes, cuz I used to be dirt poor. Un fortunately, I don't sell my paintings. They are parts of my soul and I could never sell one commercially. I DO give them out to people who are close to me, however.

Rocky

PS: Here are teh names of the paintings I posted, in order:

1) The Ugly Grapes
    2) For Love and Sin
    3) The Man Who Sailed to Sea
    4) Lucifer and the Lute
    5) Attaining Perfection

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoi_Rocky
    You know... I'll trade you one for a weekend with JJ.

:-D

Rocky
    If he were only mine to trade we would have a deal, hehe.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    If he were only mine to trade we would have a deal, hehe.

Mark
    Chloroform works wonders...

Hal
    Maybe we could find someone to hijack a bus that JJ is on and take him to Rocky (or better yet me) - wonder who I could get to do that :shifty: :high: :evil: :dunce: :chicken: Just a little fun party joke.

Hal

Hal
    Lee, I'm not sending you art for Christmas - I'm saving up for this:

Forget Lee.. I'll take that!

LOL!

:groovy: