Thread: Six Feet Under

Xstr8guy

Six Feet Under

I'm surprised that I haven't seen any SFU threads yet. I'm sure we must have some fans of the show here.

So, what did you think of the final episode. I was moved to tears for the entire last half. I was especially struck by the montage at the end with the beautiful song by Sia "Breathe Me" playing as the soundtrack to the family's lives and deaths.

It was truly a wonderful series with an ending that exceeded all of my wildest expectations. Bravo Alan Ball and co. for making me grieve for a fictional family!

Scorpio
    I loved the last episode... like you said, the montage was exceptional!
    I had to play it twice it sure makes you think about your life, at least, it did for me.

is it over now? we have a shockingly bad set of tv stations here in Australia, we got to see the 1st & 2nd series but they were only played late at night...and I have not seen another one since.

Speaking of which, I just saw Star Trek Voyageur's final episode 2 weeks ago too. How long has that been done now?

cheers,
    Luke

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I'm surprised that I haven't seen any SFU threads yet. I'm sure we must have some fans of the show here.

So, what did you think of the final episode. I was moved to tears for the entire last half. I was especially struck by the montage at the end with the beautiful song by Sia "Breathe Me" playing as the soundtrack to the family's lives and deaths.

It was truly a wonderful series with an ending that exceeded all of my wildest expectations. Bravo Alan Ball and co. for making me grieve for a fictional family!

Yeah..it was very good. I had always thought that 6 feet was the BEST series anywhere on tv.

One thing though..I actually laughed when Brenda dropped dead while Billy was talking to her!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    is it over now? we have a shockingly bad set of tv stations here in Australia, we got to see the 1st & 2nd series but they were only played late at night...and I have not seen another one since.

Speaking of which, I just saw Star Trek Voyageur's final episode 2 weeks ago too. How long has that been done now?

cheers,
    Luke
    Voyageur ended..at least 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost

cheers,
    Luke
    That's one thing I don't understand about Australia.. it takes a few hours to fly here from America.. yet it takes years for TV to make it across!

Manhunt, which has just started here in Australia, is already done in the states, I had to sneak online and see who won.. now I'm not gonna waste much time watching the series.

AND we are just getting the Simple Life II

There's a lot of great programming here in Oz too like Big Brother up late, Rove, Up Late Games with Hot Dogs AND Queer As Folk is on regular TV :wtf:

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    One thing though..I actually laughed when Brenda dropped dead while Billy was talking to her!
    Yeah, Billy talked her to death. If you actually had the closed-caption on, he was droning on about Ted and Claire and just needing some closure.

Great show.

Michael

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I loved it. The last 5 minutes or so were great. I am glad everybody got some kind of closure, and that we didn't got some cliffhanger or weird Seinfeld-like thing.

Of course I was sobbing halfway through it also. :cry:

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Yeah, Billy talked her to death. If you actually had the closed-caption on, he was droning on about Ted and Claire and just needing some closure.

Great show.

Michael

Seriously..that was what was being said in closed-caption? LOL!!

Corey Bryant
    I actually thought the finale was when Nate died. I really loved the show but the last season, well it pushed the envelope some. Some of the shows were just way too much.

The two shows after Nate died, they were a lot better. It took me awhile to let it really sink in that Nate died.

I would agree about the series finale - it seemed to wrap a lot up but a little too fast

Xstr8guy
    Since Monday morning, "Six Feet Under: Everything Must End (Music from the Original HBO Series, Vol.2)" has been #1 on iTunes.

iTunes is very clever and didn't make "Breathe Me" by Sia available as a single download... so you have to buy the whole album just to get that beautiful haunting song. If any single song is worth $12.99, "Breathe Me" is is. I must have listened to it about 50 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Since Monday morning, "Six Feet Under: Everything Must End (Music from the Original HBO Series, Vol.2)" has been #1 on iTunes.

iTunes is very clever and didn't make "Breathe Me" by Sia available as a single download... so you have to buy the whole album just to get that beautiful haunting song. If any single song is worth $12.99, "Breathe Me" is is. I must have listened to it about 50 times already.
    I found it for 13 cents. Or you can download the whole ablbum for $1.33 http://songs2.allofmp3.com/r2/Sia/Co...mcatalog.shtml I'm not a big mp3 person so there's probably something I'm missing. :high:

And the video for the song is here

http://umusic.ca/site/media/sia/vide...atheme_320.php

Great song! The words move me

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I found it for 13 cents. Or you can download the whole ablbum for $1.33 http://songs2.allofmp3.com/r2/Sia/Co...mcatalog.shtml I'm not a big mp3 person so there's probably something I'm missing. :high:
    Eeek! I saw Russian on that page! I'll stick to iTunes. Lol

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually,

We just saw the last episode this eveing and have to say, i agree with you about the ending, that was extremely well done IMHO.

I dont think we'll be seeing a program like SFU for a long time although, Rome looks promising, going to be watching the premier later this evening on HBO, they need to be getting some more great shows started now all the good ones have ended.

Regards,

Lee