Thread: How do I look up all domains that one person owns?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

How do I look up all domains that one person owns?

I really need to know this asap, does anyone know?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Corey Bryant
    Doing a reverse whois is usually not inclusive unfortunately. You can check out Domain Names. It might be outdated but that is the only site that I know

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    that's going to be near-impossible, I think, because of the way that registration information is stored. When you look up domain name ownership, you type in the name, the root nameservers return the name of the registrar that maintains registration for the name, and the registration record is then requested from that registrar.

There's no centralized database of domain ownership, so even if the registrars allowed reverse lookup by owner name, you'd have to look up at probably 50 different registrars to find all of the names owned by one person.

If you knew tha tthe person had all of his domains registered with one registrar, you might be able to find a way to search with that one registrar, but very few of them have reverse lookup that I know of.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Corey that site is not working for what I need but thanks. I thought I heard someone that could do this but maybe I am going crazy, .

Chip thanks for the post. I will shoot you an email sometime today.

Thanks,
    Mark

Corey Bryant
    I only wished I could have helped more.

Probably a few years back - it works for a few things. I found some domains that some people owned which was interesting but with the privacy issues these days, it is becoming more and more difficult

Camper than a row of tents
    Enter one of his domains into whois.sc and then do a reverse IP lookup from there.

Reverse IP: Web server hosts 5 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login)

That will list every domain they know of at that IP. Then you can WhoIs them. If he's small you just may come up with everything he owns.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    Enter one of his domains into whois.sc and then do a reverse IP lookup from there.

Reverse IP: Web server hosts 5 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login)

That will list every domain they know of at that IP. Then you can WhoIs them. If he's small you just may come up with everything he owns.
    Hum it lists 567 domains. Thank you for the great tool.

Thanks,
    Mark

Doctor Dre
    I have a paid membership at whois.sc. Does the job great

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Reverse IP is a useful tool to see what domains are resolving to a particular IP... but as far as I know, that only works if the guy is on a dedicated server and all of his domains are bound to that one IP address.

If the guy is on a shared hosting plan (sounds like it, with 567 domain names) reverse IP will bring up every domain associated with that IP, regardless of who owns the domain.

Likewise, if he owns a domain that is parked or not resolving at all, it won't show up on a reverse IP search.

I think we have a couple hundred IPs bound to our 5 web servers... so it would take someone a very long time to search out all of them, and even then, it wouldn't catch the domains we have registered but not resolving anywhere.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, just trying to make sure that you get an accurate answer to your inquiry.