Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck New Orleans

Xstr8guy

Good Luck New Orleans

The old city that sits below sea level is in the direct path of force 5 hurricane Katrina. New Orleans could potentialy be devastated by a direct hit. Because much of the city is 5-10 feet below sea level, the only way to remove flood water is by physically pumping it out. It's not looking good.

I was looking forward to Southern Decadence next week but it sure doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year. In fact, we had 2 trips to New Orleans planned for September. Barring some major shift in this storm, the people of New Orleans are going to be cleaning up/rebuilding for many weeks to come.

I have so many good memories from the times I've been in New Orleans. Will76 , and all the others out that way, I wish you all the best.

Xstr8guy
    It's looking like New Orleans is going to be gone in 24 hours.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    It's looking like New Orleans is going to be gone in 24 hours.

They had the same scare last year. Let's hope the 'cane suddenly changes its mind and moves into a VERY rural area instead.

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    Yeah, doesnt look good now that it is up to category 5. Hope all those people can get out of there in time.

makes me think of the Hurricane parties we used to have when I lived in Florida. Graba keg and head to the beach and wait for it to come in. Damn we were stupid back in those days......

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    New Orleans and Biloxi and Mobile are all in our thoughts and prayers. John and I are following the news and it doesn't look good, especially for the Big Easy.

A category 5 hurricane has been the biggest fear for New Orleans for years and now it looks like it's going to happen.

As for Southern Decadence.....don't believe it's going to happen this year.

Bill

Hal

Help arrives from the US Government

George Bush is urging the poor and homeless to evacuate the city of New Orleans. Oh yeah, he forgot to tell them how and where. I guess he would've sent those huge air cargo planes to help them get to a safe location, but they're across the world in Iraq helping the fight for freedom and democracy and they're much better at carting the wounded and coffins containing the dead bodies of our friends and family back home. Anyway, what can a bunch of low income and homeless do for the US, after all they can't even bother buying health insurance and don't support the economy by filling their cars up with $3.00/gallon gas. So, now we can answer the age old question; what happens when you fill the New Orleans Superdome with tens of thousands of human beings below sea level and add water form a 28 foot storm surge. Should be interesting watching Georgie on TV with that sullen face (and heartwoming smirk) "praying" for all the families who lost a loved one - again. I'm so glad that he's guided by god and his religion.

krusher
    I hope everything works out for the city. Would be a shame if anything should happen to that great city. Always a good time.:china:

Xstr8guy
    I'm wonder if Pat Robertson will put his foot in his mouth again and say something like, "God has destoyed New Orleans because it is a modern-day Sodam & Gomorrah"

Quote Originally Posted by Hal
    George Bush is urging the poor and homeless to evacuate the city of New Orleans. Oh yeah, he forgot to tell them how and where. I guess he would've sent those huge air cargo planes to help them get to a safe location, but they're across the world in Iraq helping the fight for freedom and democracy and they're much better at carting the wounded and coffins containing the dead bodies of our friends and family back home. Anyway, what can a bunch of low income and homeless do for the US, after all they can't even bother buying health insurance and don't support the economy by filling their cars up with $3.00/gallon gas. So, now we can answer the age old question; what happens when you fill the New Orleans Superdome with tens of thousands of human beings below sea level and add water form a 28 foot storm surge. Should be interesting watching Georgie on TV with that sullen face (and heartwoming smirk) "praying" for all the families who lost a loved one - again. I'm so glad that he's guided by god and his religion.
    You crack me up! I couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

Wonder Woman, we need you!

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    Just wanted to let you all know I got out 2am saturday night after spending all day boarding up my business and home. Now I dont think I will be comiong back to anything! I am so freaked out. I wasn't going to leave..but then they said catagory 4. All I had time for was my family and papers, laptop and cameras. My whole life is in the French Quarter which looks like is going under 20 feet of water.
    It was good I left at that time I made it to Houston in 7 hours. Friends left yesterday and moved 26 miles in 9 hours on the hwy.
    This is just so crazy!!

Buck

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Angel
    Just wanted to let you all know I got out 2am saturday night after spending all day boarding up my business and home. Now I dont think I will be comiong back to anything! I am so freaked out. I wasn't going to leave..but then they said catagory 4. All I had time for was my family and papers, laptop and cameras. My whole life is in the French Quarter which looks like is going under 20 feet of water.
    It was good I left at that time I made it to Houston in 7 hours. Friends left yesterday and moved 26 miles in 9 hours on the hwy.
    This is just so crazy!!

Buck
    Glad you are out Buck.
    I'll be sending good thoughts to everyone there. I hope it doesn't get as bad as everyone fears.
    I heard cat 4.....I'll be thinking possitive for it to slow down and fizzle out some

thanks for letting us know what's up with you... i'm keeping a whole head full of good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Angel
    This is just so crazy!!

Buck

Xstr8guy
    Buck, things aren't looking as bad as they were earlier this morning. Hopefully your business is undamaged. Btw, what is your business in NO? Is it a tattoo/piercing parlor in the French Quarter?

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Buck, things aren't looking as bad as they were earlier this morning. Hopefully your business is undamaged. Btw, what is your business in NO? Is it a tattoo/piercing parlor in the French Quarter?

From what I've read and heard, most of the levees held and New Orleans was spared a lot since the force of the hurricane went east of the City.
    There is some flood and damage obviously..but nothing close to what they thought it would be.

The downside, I heard a FEMA spokesman say it could be DAYS before they could do anything worthwhile in terms of aid. They have to get rid of all that water.