Thread: US Soldiers Being Killed In Iraq 'Vengeance From God' For Harboring 'Gays'

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Boo US Soldiers Being Killed In Iraq 'Vengeance From God' For Harboring 'Gays'

SMYRNA, Tenn. - Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq.

The church members were met with scorn from local residents. They chased the church members cars' down a highway, waving flags and screaming "God bless America."

"My husband is over there, so I'm here to show my support," 41-year-old Connie Ditmore said as she waved and American flag and as tears came to her eyes. "To do this at a funeral is disrespectful of a family, no matter what your beliefs are."

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.

The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates fags" and "God hates you."

About 10 church members protested near Smyrna United Methodist Church and nearly 20 stood outside the National Guard Armory in Ashland City. Members have demonstrated at other soldier funerals across the nation.

The funerals were for Staff Sgt. Asbury Fred Hawn II, 35, in Smyrna and Spc. Gary Reese Jr., 22, in Ashland City. Both were members of the Tennessee National Guard.

Hundreds of Smyrna and Ashland City residents and families of other soldiers turned out at both sites to counter the message the Westboro Baptist members brought.

So many counterdemonstrators were gathered in Ashland City that police, sheriff's deputies and state troopers were brought in to control traffic and protect the protesters.

The church members held protesting permits, and counterprotesters in Smyrna turned their backs to Westboro Baptist members until time expired on the protest permits.

"If they were protesting the government, I might even join them," Danny Cotton, 56, said amid cries of "get out of our town" and "get out of our country."

"But for them to come during the worst time for this family — it's just wrong."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050828/...j.5F3VottRTpwc

These people really do need to put the crack pipe down a little and step out in to the real world.

It wont be long before the 'gays' are being blamed for earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and hurricanes by these religious nutjobs.

These are also the people that want scienctific classes in our education system to be replaced by the bibles version of how the world was created.

Regards,

Lee

Doctor Dre
    And why do you think people are loosing so much respect for church ... not only they don't allow people to have their own opinions, but they fucking come at a funeral, the funeral of somebody who died backing their ass (in a certain way), and mess it up . That's just sad... i'd have given them a good beatdown if it was somebody of my family that died ...

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.
    Now I know who bought one of those Church In A Box and get Ordained by Mail things... this guy. :whip:

Good case could be made too against in-breeding when you consider who the majority of his congregation is... but still the guy is dangerous, not for what he does, but for what he says. Its people like him who inspire the really loose cannons to commit the murders, the ethnic cleansings...

What a world at times :boo:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

gee, seems to me jesus was pretty clear on the "love everyone" message - some people just want to corrupt things to suit their own ends.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    gee, seems to me jesus was pretty clear on the "love everyone" message - some people just want to corrupt things to suit their own ends.
    Can I love everyone except Fred (God Hates Fags) Phelps? This asshole is insane! When is someone going to take care of him (hint hint)?

fred doesn't really seem to have grasped the love thing, so i think it's fair that you don't love him.

i don't think he's insane. i think he's just a redneck asshole with delusions of grandeur and the mistaken impression that all men (including him) were created interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Can I love everyone except Fred (God Hates Fags) Phelps? This asshole is insane! When is someone going to take care of him (hint hint)?

SLS
    When he first started that site, it took all of five minutes to get ahold of his home address and phone number. Good times!