Thread: Remember When?

Corey Bryant

Remember When?

I guess I am always finding myself remember when? But I thought I would put a spin on this. Instead of thinking:
    Remember when "liberal" wasn't an insult?
    Remember when you could tell a woman she looked nice without having to worry about a harassment suit?
    Remember when there was no internet?
    Remember when you got the 14.4K modem and thought it was the greatest thing?

I thought more like this - in say 10 years, what do you think we might be saying?
    Remember VCRs?
    Remember Pay Telephones?

I guess something that made think of this - I was watching Cagney and Lacey, from the beginning even when Meg Foster was actually Cagney before Sharon Gless. And just watching some of those shows really brings back memories.

What else do you think might not be around / or upgraded in 5, 10, 15 years?

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    What else do you think might not be around / or upgraded in 5, 10, 15 years?
    Cash; a quite place to think/solitude; individualism.

SLS
    I think glasses and contacts will phase out quite a bit as laser eye surgery becomes more and more mainstream. Having a natural face as plastic surgery becomes even more mainstream. Knowing what a persons real hair color is.

Maybe breathable air? Instead I really, really hope people will be going "remember that filthy shit called gasoline? What a stupid, terrible thing that was..."

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS
    I think glasses and contacts will phase out quite a bit as laser eye surgery becomes more and more mainstream. Having a natural face as plastic surgery becomes even more mainstream. Knowing what a persons real hair color is.
    Okay, now that reads/sounds like something I would say (meaning a statement from a dreamer): I have little to no respect for people that have cosmetic surgery, which is not necessary (disfigured from an accident, fire, physical abuse etc).

Oh, I know what the next great invention or discovery will be ... a cure for male pattern baldness or permanent hair loss. Whoever comes up with that solution will be richer than BillyBoyeeeeeeeGates!